eddie

Hey guys, as always thanks for your help. I recently went through some major
hacker problems but have stabilized the system to a degree. I now have some
problems with my active x video control files. I get freezes when trying to
view videos or when the kids play thier games. What I would like to know is
if there are any links to downloads or patches that could be made available
to me. Of course I would prefer freeware,lol. I run Windows XP, with SP2
bootup tells me there are some missing or corrupt files in my COM/ active x
files. I also have some registry issues with missing or corrupt files. I run
"registry pro", "ad aware", AV antivirus, and "spybot" which all come back
with nothing except the registry issues which involve the "missing or
corrupt" files from registry pro. Then they tell me not to do anything with
those files unless I know what I'm doing, which obvilously I don't. Any good
registry updating downloads available? Thanks again guys.
--
Thanx 4 Your Help

Ed

Eddie,
You can try typing in "dxdiag" without the quotes in Start, Run dialog
box, click o.k.
Try going through the tests. The first screen should show you what
version of Direct X you have. (should be 9.0c)
Usually hitting F-1 (help) may help you to re-install Direct X. Trying
to fix the registry after a hacking attack, may lead to suicide.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

I think the OP mentioned Active X, not Direct X.

;-)

SKS

"Treeman" <Treeman.1qh0or@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> Eddie,
> You can try typing in "dxdiag" without the quotes in Start, Run dialog
> box, click o.k.
> Try going through the tests. The first screen should show you what
> version of Direct X you have. (should be 9.0c)
> Usually hitting F-1 (help) may help you to re-install Direct X. Trying
> to fix the registry after a hacking attack, may lead to suicide.
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

eddie

Your right "SKS", yet running the direct x checks was a good idea. Checking
things now and then hasn't hurt. Yet, I do still have a video problem. Any
ideas techies? The kids can be rather annoying when thier games don't
work,lol. I actually have had a game problem for a couple years. Kinda like
the puter was never partial to complex gaming. It's a 4 year old athlon that
was top of the line when I bought it. Should I have a new game card
installed, or is this something I can fix?
--
Thanx 4 Your Help

Ed

"SKS" wrote:

> I think the OP mentioned Active X, not Direct X.
>
> ;-)
>
> SKS
>

> "Treeman" <Treeman.1qh0or@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Eddie,
> > You can try typing in "dxdiag" without the quotes in Start, Run dialog
> > box, click o.k.
> > Try going through the tests. The first screen should show you what
> > version of Direct X you have. (should be 9.0c)
> > Usually hitting F-1 (help) may help you to re-install Direct X. Trying
> > to fix the registry after a hacking attack, may lead to suicide.
> > Best,
> > Treeman
> >

> > --
> > Treeman

> > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
> > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870528906

No problem, Treeman.

My own mind (or what goes for it) goes south more often and for longer that
I want sometimes!!!

;-)

SKS

"Treeman" <Treeman.1qipsi@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> :eek: Ouch!
> Thanks SKS,
> I saw the op mention games and mind went South.
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

eddie

O.K. guys, now that this thread has gone south. Does anyone have any ideas?
When I try to download NVIDEA drivers, I get the cannot continue
installation, (ERROR 10)
--
Thanx 4 Your Help

Ed

"SKS" wrote:

> No problem, Treeman.
>
> My own mind (or what goes for it) goes south more often and for longer that
> I want sometimes!!!
>
> ;-)
>
> SKS
>

> "Treeman" <Treeman.1qipsi@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > :eek: Ouch!
> > Thanks SKS,
> > I saw the op mention games and mind went South.
> > Treeman
> >

> > --
> > Treeman

> > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
> > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870528906

Hi Ed,
The information you have provided so far is starting to make sense.
1. You have a computer. (make & model unknown)
2. That has been hacked, and feel you have bunged up registry files and
active X files, as reported by a 3rd party app. (Registry Pro)
2. You are running XP SP2
3. You have a video card. (model unknown)
4. The Nvidea drivers stop with a code 10 error.
Here's a couple of things you could try;
Install & run 'EVEREST Home Edition'
(http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en)
Let us know what's on the inside of your machine. (make & model, age,
type of processor & amount of system ram, motherboard bios & chipset
drivers, graphic card model & ram.)
What I'm getting at is this; when I try to fix a computer with the type
of issues you describe, I want to know all the above info before I
begin.
In your case, it would be easier to format & re-install everything from
scratch, instead of trying to fix multiple deleted/unknown problems. I
know that statement is like a punch in the gut. But you have to be
prepared for this scenario anytime you use a computer.
I assume that with the computer running, since you "stabilized the
system to a degree," getting back-ups of your data would be possable.
Others may jump in with advice on repair installs, slipstreaming, ect.
But from what you've told us so far, this looks like a _hands_on_fix_
by someone that knows his stuff. Post back with more information or
your decision of what feels comfortable to you.
We will always try to help.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

eddie

"Treeman"
I did the report but it is huge. Can't figure out how to give you a secure
link. My Addy is EddieNistDrums@(No frigging spam)Yahoo.com... If you could
help me out, drop me a line and addy, to send you the report. Thanks
--
Thanx 4 Your Help

Ed

"Treeman" wrote:

> Hi Ed,
> The information you have provided so far is starting to make sense.
> 1. You have a computer. (make & model unknown)
> 2. That has been hacked, and feel you have bunged up registry files and
> active X files, as reported by a 3rd party app. (Registry Pro)
> 2. You are running XP SP2
> 3. You have a video card. (model unknown)
> 4. The Nvidea drivers stop with a code 10 error.
> Here's a couple of things you could try;
> Install & run 'EVEREST Home Edition'
> (http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en)
> Let us know what's on the inside of your machine. (make & model, age,
> type of processor & amount of system ram, motherboard bios & chipset
> drivers, graphic card model & ram.)
> What I'm getting at is this; when I try to fix a computer with the type
> of issues you describe, I want to know all the above info before I
> begin.
> In your case, it would be easier to format & re-install everything from
> scratch, instead of trying to fix multiple deleted/unknown problems. I
> know that statement is like a punch in the gut. But you have to be
> prepared for this scenario anytime you use a computer.
> I assume that with the computer running, since you "stabilized the
> system to a degree," getting back-ups of your data would be possable.
> Others may jump in with advice on repair installs, slipstreaming, ect.
> But from what you've told us so far, this looks like a _hands_on_fix_
> by someone that knows his stuff. Post back with more information or
> your decision of what feels comfortable to you.
> We will always try to help.
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

Eddie,
Just go through the application, I don't need the full report. Write
down & post this; Computer make & model, type & speed of CPU processor,
amount of system ram, (memory)graphic card make/model & amount of ram.
I didn't scare you with that format & reinstall everything now did I?
:rolleyes:
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

eddie

No man, you didn't scare me. I did all that. My puter is doing this because I
listened to guys like you. I was seriosly hacked by a gumball. All I said was
" you shouldn't pick on girls". And my shkit melted. Sorry, I'm not a guy
that has the time to be on the puter all day. Got a job, a wife, got kids,
got bills,,. Just like everyone else I guess. Just can't figure out the
intersest in screwing up a brothers machine.
--
Thanx 4 Your Help

Ed

"Treeman" wrote:

> Eddie,
> Just go through the application, I don't need the full report. Write
> down & post this; Computer make & model, type & speed of CPU processor,
> amount of system ram, (memory)graphic card make/model & amount of ram.
> I didn't scare you with that format & reinstall everything now did I?
> :rolleyes:
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

eddie

CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 1466 MHz (11 x 133) 1700+
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-7VTXE (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DIMM, Audio)
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8366A Apollo KT266A
System Memory 256 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (10/08/01)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200 (Microsoft Corporation) (32
MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (114161363)
[ BIOS ]

BIOS Properties:
Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
Version 062710
Release Date 10/08/2001
Size 256 KB
Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
Capabilities Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
Supported Standards DMI, APM, ACPI, ESCD, PnP
Expansion Capabilities ISA, PCI, AGP, USB

[ System ]

System Properties:
Manufacturer SNC302EEH
Wake-Up Type Power Switch

[ Motherboard ]

Motherboard Properties:
Manufacturer SNC302EEH

[ Chassis ]

Chassis Properties:
Manufacturer SNC302EEH
Serial Number April108
Asset Tag SNC302EEH
Chassis Type Desktop Case

[ Memory Controller ]

Memory Controller Properties:
Error Detection Method 32-bit ECC
Error Correction Single-bit
Supported Memory Interleave 1-Way
Current Memory Interleave 1-Way
Supported Memory Speeds 70ns, 60ns
Supported Memory Types SPM, FPM, EDO, Parity, ECC, SIMM, DIMM, SDRAM
Supported Memory Voltages 3.3V
Maximum Memory Module Size 512 MB
Memory Slots 3

[ Processors / Processor #1 ]

Processor Properties:
Manufacturer AMD
External Clock 133 MHz
Current Clock 1467 MHz
Type Central Processor
Status Enabled
Upgrade Slot 1
Socket Designation Socket-A

Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
GPU Code Name NV11 (AGP 4x 10DE / 0111, Rev B2)
GPU Clock 175 MHz Temperatures:
Motherboard 44 °C (111 °F)
CPU 69 °C (156 °F)
Aux 81 °C (178 °F)
SAMSUNG SV6003H 29 °C (84 °F)

Memory Clock 167 MHz

--
Thanx 4 Your Help

Ed

"eddie" wrote:

> No man, you didn't scare me. I did all that. My puter is doing this because I
> listened to guys like you. I was seriosly hacked by a gumball. All I said was
> " you shouldn't pick on girls". And my shkit melted. Sorry, I'm not a guy
> that has the time to be on the puter all day. Got a job, a wife, got kids,
> got bills,,. Just like everyone else I guess. Just can't figure out the
> intersest in screwing up a brothers machine.
> --
> Thanx 4 Your Help
>
> Ed
>

> "Treeman" wrote:
>

> > Eddie,
> > Just go through the application, I don't need the full report. Write
> > down & post this; Computer make & model, type & speed of CPU processor,
> > amount of system ram, (memory)graphic card make/model & amount of ram.
> > I didn't scare you with that format & reinstall everything now did I?
> > :rolleyes:
> > Best,
> > Treeman
> >

> > --
> > Treeman

> > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
> > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870528906

"My puter is doing this because I listened to guys like you."
:rolleyes:
I'm not that type of guy Ed. I'm here to help if I can.
Via your post I see these problems, and suggest updating these;
Gigabyte GA-7VTXE Motherboard
BIOS Type AMI (10/08/01) to Bios built on 2003/6/5
'Bios'
(http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-7VTXE.htm)
Motherboard Drivers;
'VIA 4in1 Drivers Ver. 4.43 & Realtek Ver. 5.10.00.5820 '
(http://tinyurl.com/2llog)

I get freezes when trying to view videos or when the kids play thier
games.
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200 (32MB) Not trying to "diss,"
your video adapter but 32MB is the bare minimum for video applications
these days.
System Memory 256 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM) 512mb would really help.

Gigabyte has a Download Center that is supposed to anaylize your
computer and install any updates without much interaction from you. You
can try it out and see if it recognizes your GA-7VTXE Motherboard.
'Download Center' (http://tinyurl.com/6y9pl) (paste the url together
if fractured)
After the updates I would try to reload the Nvidia drivers that support
your GeForce2 MX 100/200 'Nvidia'
(http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html)
That's all I've got, your mileage may vary. I believe if you update the
core bios and drivers for that mobo, things may settle back to where
your happy once again. Let me know if this helped you out.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

eddie

"Treeman",

I'm so sorry I expressed myself wrongly. When I said "my puter was this
way because of guys like you", I meant that it works at all. Because of
people like you I have been able to get it back this far. I so appreciate all
of your help. Thanks for the links and I will give it my best, for a
carpenter that is.
--
Thanx 4 Your Help

Ed