Jody

When I try to play any type of video clip from my computer, the computer
freezes. Now I cannot open the file or folder that contains the video clips
(Computer just freezes). When I go into Safe Mode, I cannot access My
Documents at all. Video off of internet works just fine, as well as TV card.

When was the last time you:

Defragged the drive
Ran a full antivirus check with updated signatures
Ran a full spyware check

How much hard drive space do you have left?

What happened to your PC since you last played the files correctly?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Jody" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to play any type of video clip from my computer, the computer
> freezes. Now I cannot open the file or folder that contains the video
> clips
> (Computer just freezes). When I go into Safe Mode, I cannot access My
> Documents at all. Video off of internet works just fine, as well as TV
> card.

Jody

I defragged my computer last week
Ran full antivirus with updates on Friday
Ran spyware check last Wednesday.....
Plenty of room on the hard drive....
Have not figured out anything different that i've done to the pc.....
Been having this problem for two months actually...
Just went into safemode and deleted the video clips last time and the
computer worked fine as long as i didn't load or watch any videos...
By boyfriend just forgot and downloaded some small video clips into
MyPictures, now the computer is real messed up.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> When was the last time you:
>
> Defragged the drive
> Ran a full antivirus check with updated signatures
> Ran a full spyware check
>
> How much hard drive space do you have left?
>
> What happened to your PC since you last played the files correctly?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Jody" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to play any type of video clip from my computer, the computer
> > freezes. Now I cannot open the file or folder that contains the video
> > clips
> > (Computer just freezes). When I go into Safe Mode, I cannot access My
> > Documents at all. Video off of internet works just fine, as well as TV
> > card.

daz

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

i have the same problem have you managed to fix it,if so help me thanks

"Jody" wrote:

> I defragged my computer last week
> Ran full antivirus with updates on Friday
> Ran spyware check last Wednesday.....
> Plenty of room on the hard drive....
> Have not figured out anything different that i've done to the pc.....
> Been having this problem for two months actually...
> Just went into safemode and deleted the video clips last time and the
> computer worked fine as long as i didn't load or watch any videos...
> By boyfriend just forgot and downloaded some small video clips into
> MyPictures, now the computer is real messed up.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > When was the last time you:
> >
> > Defragged the drive
> > Ran a full antivirus check with updated signatures
> > Ran a full spyware check
> >
> > How much hard drive space do you have left?
> >
> > What happened to your PC since you last played the files correctly?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Printing & Imaging
> >

> > "Jody" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I try to play any type of video clip from my computer, the computer
> > > freezes. Now I cannot open the file or folder that contains the video
> > > clips
> > > (Computer just freezes). When I go into Safe Mode, I cannot access My
> > > Documents at all. Video off of internet works just fine, as well as TV
> > > card.

Did you download 'codec packs'?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)