WMA and WMV files won't play

HI

Up until about a week ago I had no problem playing files with the WMA and
WMV extentions. But now NO player including Windows media player will play
these items.(Real.., Irfan, or InterVideo) Some are file I paid for and no
I feel I lost money because these items can not be used.

Any suggestions of what I could do??

I am running Windows XP and the most recent upgrade to WMP.
2 answers Last reply
More about files play

    "MICHAEL O'MALLEY" wrote:

    > HI
    >
    > Up until about a week ago I had no problem playing files with the WMA and
    > WMV extentions. But now NO player including Windows media player will play
    > these items.(Real.., Irfan, or InterVideo) Some are file I paid for and no
    > I feel I lost money because these items can not be used.
    >
    > Any suggestions of what I could do??
    >
    > I am running Windows XP and the most recent upgrade to WMP.

    Reinstalling the windows media codecs might help:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx

    --
    Rehan
    MS MVP -- Digital Media

    "MICHAEL O'MALLEY" <omallem1350@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > HI
    >
    > Up until about a week ago I had no problem playing files with the WMA and
    > WMV extentions. But now NO player including Windows media player will
    > play these items.(Real.., Irfan, or InterVideo) Some are file I paid for
    > and no I feel I lost money because these items can not be used.
    >
    > Any suggestions of what I could do??
    >
    > I am running Windows XP and the most recent upgrade to WMP.

Video Windows XP