WMA and WMV files won't play

HI

Up until about a week ago I had no problem playing files with the WMA and
WMV extentions. But now NO player including Windows media player will play
these items.(Real.., Irfan, or InterVideo) Some are file I paid for and no
I feel I lost money because these items can not be used.

Any suggestions of what I could do??

I am running Windows XP and the most recent upgrade to WMP.

"MICHAEL O'MALLEY" wrote:

> HI
>
> Up until about a week ago I had no problem playing files with the WMA and
> WMV extentions. But now NO player including Windows media player will play
> these items.(Real.., Irfan, or InterVideo) Some are file I paid for and no
> I feel I lost money because these items can not be used.
>
> Any suggestions of what I could do??
>
> I am running Windows XP and the most recent upgrade to WMP.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Reinstalling the windows media codecs might help:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media