Avid's slim audio tools

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I’ve been fooling around with Avid Xpress DV 3.5. I noticed that
compared to say Vegas or Liquid Edition, Avid’s audio tools are
pretty basic. It appears there’s no way to seriously mess around
with the sound, as in doing some compression or EQ. Could I accomplish
this via a separate app like Acid or Audition, then import it into Avid?

Archived from groups: rec.video.production,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

you can work on audio in any editor and import the result into AVID. It may
be more advantageous to use omf files for export from the AVID and
re-importing after tweaking.. ProTools, Nuendo, Adobe Audition.. etc.. For
lower priced apps you may need an OMF convertor like EDLConvert..