Camcorder to PC Transfer and write to dvd software

hi

Just got myself a panasonic g55 which i have to say i'm very pleased with,
but i'm mounting up the tapes already.
So, i'm wondering if there is a decent (not necessarily cheap) software
package that will take the video from the tape and write it to dvd,
peferably also with the ability to add titles and effects.
I also have an old panasonic analogue camcorder and wonder if it's possible
to run this either thru' the g55 or pc so it can also be written in the same
way.
I'm running a windows 98se pentium 3 500mhz

thanks

mark
1 answer Last reply
More about camcorder transfer write software

    Mark Starkey wrote:

    > hi
    >
    > Just got myself a panasonic g55 which i have to say i'm very pleased with,
    > but i'm mounting up the tapes already.
    > So, i'm wondering if there is a decent (not necessarily cheap) software
    > package that will take the video from the tape and write it to dvd,
    > peferably also with the ability to add titles and effects.
    > I also have an old panasonic analogue camcorder and wonder if it's possible
    > to run this either thru' the g55 or pc so it can also be written in the same
    > way.
    > I'm running a windows 98se pentium 3 500mhz
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > mark

    I would suggest taking a look at the HP DC3000, 4000 or 5000, but
    editing video takes a lot of horsepower and I don't think you'll be
    happy with the performance on a 500Mhz machine. Their recommended
    minimum CPU is 1.6gHz.

    Bernie

Cameras Camcorders Panasonic Peripherals