Audio problem

Hi,

I use windows movie maker to capture, edit and save the movie. The captured
file was in DV-AVI format and saved file is in WMV format.
The picture quality is very good in both the formats but the audio is not
continuous in WMV format alone...Its kind of broken. The AVI file has no
issues with the audio.

Can anyone help me.

thanks
tom
3 answers Last reply
More about audio problem

    A WMV file is going to be very compressed.... you might try a higher
    resolution setting... is WMV for broadband or similar.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "tom" <tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I use windows movie maker to capture, edit and save the movie. The
    > captured
    > file was in DV-AVI format and saved file is in WMV format.
    > The picture quality is very good in both the formats but the audio is not
    > continuous in WMV format alone...Its kind of broken. The AVI file has no
    > issues with the audio.
    >
    > Can anyone help me.
    >
    > thanks
    > tom

    Which other format do you recommend.

    tom

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > A WMV file is going to be very compressed.... you might try a higher
    > resolution setting... is WMV for broadband or similar.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "tom" <tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I use windows movie maker to capture, edit and save the movie. The
    > > captured
    > > file was in DV-AVI format and saved file is in WMV format.
    > > The picture quality is very good in both the formats but the audio is not
    > > continuous in WMV format alone...Its kind of broken. The AVI file has no
    > > issues with the audio.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help me.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > > tom

    Save in DV-AVI format for the best resolution.
    --

    > Which other format do you recommend.
    >
    > tom

Video Audio Windows Movie Maker Format Windows XP