Help with Ulead Movie Factory

downunder

I think the option in Ulead is called DVD Video.

I've got some short movies that I've captured with my Digital Still camera
and it save them in the Quicktime format .MOV

I'm trying to move these onto a DVD for playback on a DVD player. I've gone
through the option in Ulead and it attaches the videos alright, it creates
the title page and places the shortcuts to the movies. Then in the next
option I can view the movies in the demo mode and the links and movies work
perfect.

I then kick it of and they are rendered and burned to a disc. This is where
it goes wrong. The movies on the disc no longer work. The actual movie then
only moves one frame every 10 to 20 seconds. The same result also happens if
I play it through the PC as well.

Whats going wrong? Why do the movies work in the demo section but once
rendered they no longer work?

"Downunder" <Downunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think the option in Ulead is called DVD Video.
>
> I've got some short movies that I've captured with my Digital Still camera
> and it save them in the Quicktime format .MOV
>
> I'm trying to move these onto a DVD for playback on a DVD player. I've
> gone
> through the option in Ulead and it attaches the videos alright, it creates
> the title page and places the shortcuts to the movies. Then in the next
> option I can view the movies in the demo mode and the links and movies
> work
> perfect.
>
> I then kick it of and they are rendered and burned to a disc. This is
> where
> it goes wrong. The movies on the disc no longer work. The actual movie
> then
> only moves one frame every 10 to 20 seconds. The same result also happens
> if
> I play it through the PC as well.
>
> Whats going wrong? Why do the movies work in the demo section but once
> rendered they no longer work?

What are your computer specs (processor, RAM, Video Card etc)?
Do you have the latest drivers for your motherboard, chipset and graphics?
Do you have any other processes running in the background while rendering?
What speed are you burning the DVD at, and what mode (PIO, UDMA) is the
burner?

Bobby

downunder

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> "Downunder" <Downunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I think the option in Ulead is called DVD Video.
> >
> > I've got some short movies that I've captured with my Digital Still camera
> > and it save them in the Quicktime format .MOV
> >
> > I'm trying to move these onto a DVD for playback on a DVD player. I've
> > gone
> > through the option in Ulead and it attaches the videos alright, it creates
> > the title page and places the shortcuts to the movies. Then in the next
> > option I can view the movies in the demo mode and the links and movies
> > work
> > perfect.
> >
> > I then kick it of and they are rendered and burned to a disc. This is
> > where
> > it goes wrong. The movies on the disc no longer work. The actual movie
> > then
> > only moves one frame every 10 to 20 seconds. The same result also happens
> > if
> > I play it through the PC as well.
> >
> > Whats going wrong? Why do the movies work in the demo section but once
> > rendered they no longer work?
>

> What are your computer specs (processor, RAM, Video Card etc)?
> Do you have the latest drivers for your motherboard, chipset and graphics?
> Do you have any other processes running in the background while rendering?
> What speed are you burning the DVD at, and what mode (PIO, UDMA) is the
> burner?
>
> Bobby

Not sure where you are going with this but anyway:

AMD Athlon XP-M 3000+, 512 Ram, ATI Radium Mobile 9600.

All drivers are up to date, no processes are running in the background, and
no idea about what mode the burner is. The speed is at the default.

I do the occasional burning (music CD, Photo Story 3 files, data file
backup, DVD movie, etc) and whilst I do have the occasion error, no major
problems that I know about.

How this has anything to do with Windows XP is beyond me.

Maybe ULEAD would know? they have a Website, FAQ's, tech support etc. etc.

Or maybe check with MacIntosh, since the original file is a .MOV file?

NOTEKY