WME conv. AVI to WMV

After installing SP", I can no longer convert AVI files to WMV. The AVIs are
225 mb and I would like to reduce. Within a few seconds, I get 109 errors of
corrupt data. This never happened before. What am I doing wrong?
2 answers Last reply
More about conv

    Given the very limited amount of information you've given us, it's difficult
    to know. Are these AVI files DV-AVI or are they compressed with a codec?
    If a codec, which one? Do they play correctly in Wndows Media Player and
    what program are you attempting to convert them with.... Windows Media
    Player? Windows Media Encoder? Some other third party application?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing SP", I can no longer convert AVI files to WMV. The AVIs
    > are
    > 225 mb and I would like to reduce. Within a few seconds, I get 109 errors
    > of
    > corrupt data. This never happened before. What am I doing wrong?

    I am trying to use Win Media Encoder - the latest version.
    Audio info bit rate 121 kbps, format mpeg layer-3
    Video info frame rate 25/sec data rate 136 kbps sample size 16 bit
    compression XVID MPEG-4
    the files play correctly in win media player.
    what else do you need to know? perhaps the xvid mpeg4 is not supported by
    Encoder, or I need to add the codec to that program???
    -Ryan

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Given the very limited amount of information you've given us, it's difficult
    > to know. Are these AVI files DV-AVI or are they compressed with a codec?
    > If a codec, which one? Do they play correctly in Wndows Media Player and
    > what program are you attempting to convert them with.... Windows Media
    > Player? Windows Media Encoder? Some other third party application?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > After installing SP", I can no longer convert AVI files to WMV. The AVIs
    > > are
    > > 225 mb and I would like to reduce. Within a few seconds, I get 109 errors
    > > of
    > > corrupt data. This never happened before. What am I doing wrong?

Video AVI Microsoft Windows XP