Use video from DVD/CD-ROM drive

June 15, 2005 2:47:09 PM

I have a built-in DVD/CD-ROM drive on my computer. A friend made a DVD (on a
DVD-R, if that matters) for me of some vacation video, and I would like to
use some of the footage to make a video using WMM. However, WMM refuses to
recognize the drive.

Is it possible to import DVD video into WMM? If so, how do I do it?

Keep in mind, I ain't no computer genius!

Robert

More about : video dvd rom drive

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:10:02 PM

Cyberlink's PowerDirector/PowerProducer and/or Intervideo's WinDVD Creator
will both allow VOB files to be imported from the DVD to the hard drive and
edited. www.gocyberlink.com and www.intervideo.com. Both have trial
versions that should suffice for your editing needs temporarily.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

!