Use video from DVD/CD-ROM drive

I have a built-in DVD/CD-ROM drive on my computer. A friend made a DVD (on a
DVD-R, if that matters) for me of some vacation video, and I would like to
use some of the footage to make a video using WMM. However, WMM refuses to
recognize the drive.

Is it possible to import DVD video into WMM? If so, how do I do it?

Keep in mind, I ain't no computer genius!

Robert
1 answer Last reply
More about video drive

    Cyberlink's PowerDirector/PowerProducer and/or Intervideo's WinDVD Creator
    will both allow VOB files to be imported from the DVD to the hard drive and
    edited. www.gocyberlink.com and www.intervideo.com. Both have trial
    versions that should suffice for your editing needs temporarily.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Jetace1" <Jetace1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a built-in DVD/CD-ROM drive on my computer. A friend made a DVD (on
    > DVD-R, if that matters) for me of some vacation video, and I would like to
    > use some of the footage to make a video using WMM. However, WMM refuses
    > recognize the drive.
    >
    > Is it possible to import DVD video into WMM? If so, how do I do it?
    >
    > Keep in mind, I ain't no computer genius!
    >
    > Robert

Video DVD CD-Rom Windows XP