instruccional video help

hello this probably will be a general video concern question ...my question
is ; if somebody knows a good book to will teach me the video universal video
codecs ,and formats ....well it is probably confused for most a video
editing projects .....somebody said dvd-r format you can burned and can see
it in all dvd players ....or wht about in dvd+r ...?...how come some people
can burn a disk and can see in his dvd player...?..please help ..I got a dvd
burner lite on ...and pinnacle 8 upgrade ....thanks

You can get many books which will give you the theory in producing dvds etc,
but in reality the make of disc, the make of dvd player, the type of disc
+/-, the bitrate encoded to, the audio type used etc etc, all make a
difference and as you have found what plays on one player may well not play
on another.
This really comes from experience and trial and error, there is no universal
format at present which will absolutely guarantee playing everywhere.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"luishugo" <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello this probably will be a general video concern question ...my
> question
> is ; if somebody knows a good book to will teach me the video universal
> video
> codecs ,and formats ....well it is probably confused for most a video
> editing projects .....somebody said dvd-r format you can burned and can
> see
> it in all dvd players ....or wht about in dvd+r ...?...how come some
> people
> can burn a disk and can see in his dvd player...?..please help ..I got a
> dvd
> burner lite on ...and pinnacle 8 upgrade ....thanks

Which standalone players work with which format of DVD can be found at
www.videohelp.com which is a good site for just about anything related to
video.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"luishugo" <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello this probably will be a general video concern question ...my
> question
> is ; if somebody knows a good book to will teach me the video universal
> video
> codecs ,and formats ....well it is probably confused for most a video
> editing projects .....somebody said dvd-r format you can burned and can
> see
> it in all dvd players ....or wht about in dvd+r ...?...how come some
> people
> can burn a disk and can see in his dvd player...?..please help ..I got a
> dvd
> burner lite on ...and pinnacle 8 upgrade ....thanks

but can somebody give me some books names...?.please thanks

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> You can get many books which will give you the theory in producing dvds etc,
> but in reality the make of disc, the make of dvd player, the type of disc
> +/-, the bitrate encoded to, the audio type used etc etc, all make a
> difference and as you have found what plays on one player may well not play
> on another.
> This really comes from experience and trial and error, there is no universal
> format at present which will absolutely guarantee playing everywhere.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "luishugo" <luishugo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello this probably will be a general video concern question ...my
> > question
> > is ; if somebody knows a good book to will teach me the video universal
> > video
> > codecs ,and formats ....well it is probably confused for most a video
> > editing projects .....somebody said dvd-r format you can burned and can
> > see
> > it in all dvd players ....or wht about in dvd+r ...?...how come some
> > people
> > can burn a disk and can see in his dvd player...?..please help ..I got a
> > dvd
> > burner lite on ...and pinnacle 8 upgrade ....thanks

Try this page for lots of web reading, otherwise he has some good books you
can buy.
http://www.griffin-digital.com/h2.asp