Playback color problems

No problems capturing clips from Canon Ixus directly into XP. Movie Maker
2.1 previews all fine. But when played back on Windows Media Player, the
color are super-saturated and makes it look like a negative.

Running Sapphire Catalyst driver on ATI Radeon 9600 128MB video card.
System is only ten days old so should be up to date ( I would hope).
i already tried updating the driver and was told it was up to date.

Any ideas.
--
Brooks

The Ixus is a stills camera? In movie mode it will produce compressed files
which movie maker will struggle to work with, which is why you end up with
problems. You'll need to convert the files to wmv/avi to hopefully be able
to edit them properly.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Brooks" <Brooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No problems capturing clips from Canon Ixus directly into XP. Movie Maker
> 2.1 previews all fine. But when played back on Windows Media Player, the
> color are super-saturated and makes it look like a negative.
>
> Running Sapphire Catalyst driver on ATI Radeon 9600 128MB video card.
> System is only ten days old so should be up to date ( I would hope).
> i already tried updating the driver and was told it was up to date.
>
> Any ideas.
> --
> Brooks

bort

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

I had a similar problem, so I went to Dispay properties - Settings - Advanced
- Troubleshoot and lowered the hardware acceleratgion. It did the trick for
me.

Good luck!