DVD question

syl

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2004

I have widows xp with a cd burner. Is it possible to copy a dvd to a cd or to
my desktop. I don't have a dvd burner but wondered if there was a way to copy
the dvd to my computer. Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is repated but I don't see my post on the forum.

Not if you have no DVD ROM drive. You need a DVD burner or DVD Rom drive to
'read' the data from a DVD.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Syl" <Syl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have widows xp with a cd burner. Is it possible to copy a dvd to a cd or
> my desktop. I don't have a dvd burner but wondered if there was a way to
> copy
> the dvd to my computer. Thanks in advance.
>
> Sorry if this is repated but I don't see my post on the forum.

bac

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2003

Hi! I'm having difficulties burning CDs and DVDs on my system. I have a new
HP Pavilion 2720n, Windows XP, with a built in CD/DVD burner and separate CD
drive. I first started out burning fine, but all of a sudden my drives
disappeared and I can not seem to record any type of media, and if it does
burn 'correctly', it won't show on my home DVD player! It's rather
frustrating, as I have wasted about a dozen or more DVDs, and I have had the
computer back to the retail service department twice in the last month for
complete re-install of the entire system! Nobody seems to know what to do,
and I'm getting the "oh no, she's back again" look from the service
department!! I am using the pre-installed programs RecordNow and Intervideo
DVD.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Not if you have no DVD ROM drive. You need a DVD burner or DVD Rom drive to
> 'read' the data from a DVD.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Syl" <Syl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have widows xp with a cd burner. Is it possible to copy a dvd to a cd or
> > my desktop. I don't have a dvd burner but wondered if there was a way to
> > copy
> > the dvd to my computer. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Sorry if this is repated but I don't see my post on the forum.

Just checking, the drive properties has a setting for recording.
"Desktop CD Recording."
also points to a drive for storing an image of the CD to be written. Any
chance it's pointing to a drive you
don't have write permission on at work (like a share) or one that is out of
free space?
Ken Latta