No Audio when playing DVD

When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
What's the problem?
8 answers Last reply
More about audio playing

    Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
    > What's the problem?

    Nope. The speakers are not set to mute and the volume is turned waaaay up.
    I can hear CDs when I play them, and other sounds from the internet, etc.
    when I
    use the computer

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
    > > What's the problem?

    Cari....I'm having the same problem with my new XP64 installation.
    Audio sounds great with music CDs from the same drive...but DVDs are only
    showing video. No audio at all. Could it be some codec problem?

    GB

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
    > > What's the problem?

    Do you have 64 bit drivers for your soundcard or sound chip on the
    motherboard?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "G.Beck" <GBeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Cari....I'm having the same problem with my new XP64 installation.
    > Audio sounds great with music CDs from the same drive...but DVDs are only
    > showing video. No audio at all. Could it be some codec problem?
    >
    > GB
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
    >> > What's the problem?

    I'm not quite sure, Cari. When I installed XP 64 no drivers were asked. In
    the device manager everything looks normal.
    Also, now I uninstalled and reinstalled Power DVD and it work just fine with
    DVDs!

    Thanks anyway,
    GB
    Document Content & Imaging Services
    Xerox Argentina

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Do you have 64 bit drivers for your soundcard or sound chip on the
    > motherboard?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "G.Beck" <GBeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Cari....I'm having the same problem with my new XP64 installation.
    > > Audio sounds great with music CDs from the same drive...but DVDs are only
    > > showing video. No audio at all. Could it be some codec problem?
    > >
    > > GB
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
    > >> --
    > >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    > >> Printing & Imaging
    > >>

    > >> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    what program are you using to play the DVD
    i have this problem with windows media player, i beleive it's because it
    doesn't recognise the AC-3 decoders installed with power dvd
    try installing a stand alone ac-3 decoder
    or just use power dvd

    Susan wrote:

    > Nope. The speakers are not set to mute and the volume is turned waaaay up.
    > I can hear CDs when I play them, and other sounds from the internet, etc.
    > when I
    > use the computer
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >

    >>Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
    >>--
    >>Cari (MS-MVP)
    >>Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >>"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
    >>>What's the problem?

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    Yup, installing AC3 Filter added aaudio to playing DVD's using WMP for me.

    "Darkknight" <darkknight145@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message
    > what program are you using to play the DVD
    > i have this problem with windows media player, i beleive it's because it
    > doesn't recognise the AC-3 decoders installed with power dvd
    > try installing a stand alone ac-3 decoder
    > or just use power dvd
    >
    > Susan wrote:
    >
    >> Nope. The speakers are not set to mute and the volume is turned waaaay
    >> up.
    >> I can hear CDs when I play them, and other sounds from the internet, etc.
    >> when I
    >> use the computer
    >>
    >> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >>

    >>>Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
    >>>--
    >>>Cari (MS-MVP)
    >>>Printing & Imaging
    >>>

    >>>"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    It happens in WMP.
    I installed Cyberlink Power DVD 6 and now WMP had audio....but Power DVD
    won't run...and WMP is not as good.....

    "Darkknight" wrote:

    > what program are you using to play the DVD
    > i have this problem with windows media player, i beleive it's because it
    > doesn't recognise the AC-3 decoders installed with power dvd
    > try installing a stand alone ac-3 decoder
    > or just use power dvd
    >
    > Susan wrote:
    >
    > > Nope. The speakers are not set to mute and the volume is turned waaaay up.
    > > I can hear CDs when I play them, and other sounds from the internet, etc.
    > > when I
    > > use the computer
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >

    > >>Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
    > >>--
    > >>Cari (MS-MVP)
    > >>Printing & Imaging
    > >>

    > >>"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message