No Audio when playing DVD

June 16, 2005 8:48:09 PM

When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
What's the problem?

More about : audio playing dvd

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:55:26 PM

Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 3142EC2-2D26-44DE-9F1E-18510557AA69@microsoft.com...
> When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
> What's the problem?

June 17, 2005 9:12:09 AM

Nope. The speakers are not set to mute and the volume is turned waaaay up.
I can hear CDs when I play them, and other sounds from the internet, etc.
when I
use the computer

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 3142EC2-2D26-44DE-9F1E-18510557AA69@microsoft.com...
> > When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
> > What's the problem?

June 17, 2005 11:58:02 PM

Cari....I'm having the same problem with my new XP64 installation.
Audio sounds great with music CDs from the same drive...but DVDs are only
showing video. No audio at all. Could it be some codec problem?

GB

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 3142EC2-2D26-44DE-9F1E-18510557AA69@microsoft.com...
> > When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
> > What's the problem?

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 2:12:02 PM

Do you have 64 bit drivers for your soundcard or sound chip on the
motherboard?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"G.Beck" <GBeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cari....I'm having the same problem with my new XP64 installation.
> Audio sounds great with music CDs from the same drive...but DVDs are only
> showing video. No audio at all. Could it be some codec problem?
>
> GB
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 3142EC2-2D26-44DE-9F1E-18510557AA69@microsoft.com...
>> > When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
>> > What's the problem?

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 3:32:01 PM

I'm not quite sure, Cari. When I installed XP 64 no drivers were asked. In
the device manager everything looks normal.
Also, now I uninstalled and reinstalled Power DVD and it work just fine with
DVDs!

Thanks anyway,
GB
Document Content & Imaging Services
Xerox Argentina

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Do you have 64 bit drivers for your soundcard or sound chip on the
> motherboard?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "G.Beck" <GBeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Cari....I'm having the same problem with my new XP64 installation.
> > Audio sounds great with music CDs from the same drive...but DVDs are only
> > showing video. No audio at all. Could it be some codec problem?
> >
> > GB
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Printing & Imaging
> >>

> >> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:D 3142EC2-2D26-44DE-9F1E-18510557AA69@microsoft.com...

June 18, 2005 6:58:37 PM

what program are you using to play the DVD
i have this problem with windows media player, i beleive it's because it
doesn't recognise the AC-3 decoders installed with power dvd
try installing a stand alone ac-3 decoder
or just use power dvd

Susan wrote:

> Nope. The speakers are not set to mute and the volume is turned waaaay up.
> I can hear CDs when I play them, and other sounds from the internet, etc.
> when I
> use the computer
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>

>>Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
>>--
>>Cari (MS-MVP)
>>Printing & Imaging
>>

>>"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>news:D 3142EC2-2D26-44DE-9F1E-18510557AA69@microsoft.com...
>>
>>>When I try to play a DVD, I get perfect Video, but NO Audio.
>>>What's the problem?

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 6:58:38 PM

Yup, installing AC3 Filter added aaudio to playing DVD's using WMP for me.

"Darkknight" <darkknight145@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message
> what program are you using to play the DVD
> i have this problem with windows media player, i beleive it's because it
> doesn't recognise the AC-3 decoders installed with power dvd
> try installing a stand alone ac-3 decoder
> or just use power dvd
>
> Susan wrote:
>
>> Nope. The speakers are not set to mute and the volume is turned waaaay
>> up.
>> I can hear CDs when I play them, and other sounds from the internet, etc.
>> when I
>> use the computer
>>
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>>

>>>Your speakers are set to Mute? Your volume is set at 0?
>>>--
>>>Cari (MS-MVP)
>>>Printing & Imaging
>>>

>>>"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>news:D 3142EC2-2D26-44DE-9F1E-18510557AA69@microsoft.com...

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 6:58:38 PM

It happens in WMP.
I installed Cyberlink Power DVD 6 and now WMP had audio....but Power DVD
won't run...and WMP is not as good.....

!