Kind of extensive and basic question

LOL, i don't even know if i'll be able to find this forum again!

I am trying to make a montage type video with clips of video and pics
lasting about 3 and a half minutes to a song i have saved on my pc.

I have toyed around with movie maker and figured out how to enter things
into the video, but I don't know how to add the music to it. I also don't
understand how to do different transitions. But i don't absolutely have to
have any fancy transitions, I just need to know how to add the music to the
video. The song is just a little mp3 on my computer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get this done by
Father's day as a present for my Dad.

Are you using movie maker version 2 or 2.1?
If so, first point is MP3's very rarely play properly in Movie MAker, so I'd
convert it to wmv/wav/wma and use that.
To add it;
From the tasks menu, choose import audio or music, navigate to your file adn
import it to the collections folder. Drag it down to the timeline, into the
audi/music layer. If you have the storyboard view, click on the button which
says show timeline.
For teh transitions, you just drag them down into the small square between
the pictures/movie clips when using the storyboard view.
Hope you get it finished.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Inkuban" <Inkuban@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> LOL, i don't even know if i'll be able to find this forum again!
>
> I am trying to make a montage type video with clips of video and pics
> lasting about 3 and a half minutes to a song i have saved on my pc.
>
> I have toyed around with movie maker and figured out how to enter things
> into the video, but I don't know how to add the music to it. I also don't
> understand how to do different transitions. But i don't absolutely have
> have any fancy transitions, I just need to know how to add the music to
> the
> video. The song is just a little mp3 on my computer.
>
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get this done by
> Father's day as a present for my Dad.

Latest posts