Am I Newbie Dreaming?

Shouldn't it be possible to make a 'super disc', one that plays the
right content in the right player/computer.

For example, burned onto a DVD-Rom you have the dvd-quality video in
the correct file structure AND also vcd video in its corresponding
file structure. As well, we could also include computer readable files
for computers. Again, all of it burned to dvd-rom.

Would that work? Would a typical vcd player recognize a dvd-rom disc,
see the vcd file structure and appropriate video and proceed as
normal? Or am I dreaming.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:28:45 -0400, cruiserweight wrote
(in article <18bdba0a.0406181728.71d5c144@posting.google.com>):

> Shouldn't it be possible to make a 'super disc', one that plays the
> right content in the right player/computer.
>
> For example, burned onto a DVD-Rom you have the dvd-quality video in
> the correct file structure AND also vcd video in its corresponding
> file structure. As well, we could also include computer readable files
> for computers. Again, all of it burned to dvd-rom.
>
> Would that work? Would a typical vcd player recognize a dvd-rom disc,
> see the vcd file structure and appropriate video and proceed as
> normal? Or am I dreaming.

I haven't done that with DVD yet, but have done dual burn CDs; burning audio
first followed by a second multimedia burn with all sorts of files.

The trick for that was finding out which burn to do first.

Regards

Ty Ford

stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford