Playing WMV file on DVD player

I created a video using Windows Movie Maker. The file created is a WMV, but
this is not recognized by my dvd player. How do I convert this file to
something that is recognized by my player? My computer does not have a DVD
burner, can this still be done?

Thanks in advance
Sandy
1 answer Last reply
More about playing file player

    You will have to make a VCD... if your DVD standalone player supports that.
    You can check at www.videohelp.com.

    You'll also have to use third party software to make the VCD... Nero, Roxio,
    WinDVD Creator, PowerProducer... or VCD Easy.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "dolphin70" <dolphin70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I created a video using Windows Movie Maker. The file created is a WMV,
    >but
    > this is not recognized by my dvd player. How do I convert this file to
    > something that is recognized by my player? My computer does not have a
    > DVD
    > burner, can this still be done?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Sandy

Video DVD Players Windows Movie Maker Windows XP