Closed

Required Audio Hardware Cannot Be Found

June 20, 2005 12:11:01 AM

When I try to open Windows Movie Maker I get an error message "... Move Maker
cannot be used because the required audio hardware cannot be found ...". I
am also having a problem (perhaps related) trying to open .avi files using
Real Player as I get an error message to the effect "... There is no software
update available from Real to support this content. video/x-pn-peg-plugin.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 12:34:51 AM

Is your soundcard correctly installed?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"The Buckster" <TheBuckster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to open Windows Movie Maker I get an error message "... Move
> Maker
> cannot be used because the required audio hardware cannot be found ...".
> am also having a problem (perhaps related) trying to open .avi files using
> Real Player as I get an error message to the effect "... There is no
> software
> update available from Real to support this content.
> video/x-pn-peg-plugin.

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 12:51:02 AM

Cari - I'm not sure! I assume my soundcard came pre-installed when I
purchased my HP notebook last summer. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was
able to Movie Maker without any problem so I'm not sure why it isn't working
now.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Is your soundcard correctly installed?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "The Buckster" <TheBuckster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to open Windows Movie Maker I get an error message "... Move
> > Maker
> > cannot be used because the required audio hardware cannot be found ...".
> > am also having a problem (perhaps related) trying to open .avi files using
> > Real Player as I get an error message to the effect "... There is no
> > software
> > update available from Real to support this content.
> > video/x-pn-peg-plugin.

June 20, 2005 2:41:56 PM

The Buckster,
Look in Control Panel, System, Hardware Tab, Device Manager, Sound
Video & Game Controllers. Are their any yellow bangs showing up with
exclamation points? If you look at the properties for the sound device,
does it show that the device is working properly, or the driver is not
loaded?
If the driver isn't loaded, see your computer manufacturers website for
the proper driver for your computer model. Download & install/update
driver.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

March 10, 2009 9:52:43 PM

This has happened to me as well! It worked earlier today, but now it doesn't work. I did what you said, and it says they are all working properly.
Anonymous
July 21, 2010 3:50:30 PM

If all Method doesn't work,, try to reformat your computer
July 21, 2010 5:40:54 PM

What happened to you? Please let us know what program(s) you are having specific issues with.
Anonymous
August 20, 2010 10:18:24 PM

Quote:
If all Method doesn't work,, try to reformat your computer

I have no sound on my comp!!
I tried the properties on the device manager their loaded the drivers that is but
it can't find the hardware?? can you please help me find the solution to getting my sound back ive tried a lot of things??
August 22, 2010 10:19:00 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!