Closed

Required Audio Hardware Cannot Be Found

When I try to open Windows Movie Maker I get an error message "... Move Maker
cannot be used because the required audio hardware cannot be found ...". I
am also having a problem (perhaps related) trying to open .avi files using
Real Player as I get an error message to the effect "... There is no software
update available from Real to support this content. video/x-pn-peg-plugin.
8 answers Last reply
More about required audio hardware found

    Is your soundcard correctly installed?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "The Buckster" <TheBuckster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to open Windows Movie Maker I get an error message "... Move
    > Maker
    > cannot be used because the required audio hardware cannot be found ...".
    > am also having a problem (perhaps related) trying to open .avi files using
    > Real Player as I get an error message to the effect "... There is no
    > software
    > update available from Real to support this content.
    > video/x-pn-peg-plugin.

    Cari - I'm not sure! I assume my soundcard came pre-installed when I
    purchased my HP notebook last summer. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was
    able to Movie Maker without any problem so I'm not sure why it isn't working
    now.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Is your soundcard correctly installed?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "The Buckster" <TheBuckster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I try to open Windows Movie Maker I get an error message "... Move
    > > Maker
    > > cannot be used because the required audio hardware cannot be found ...".
    > > am also having a problem (perhaps related) trying to open .avi files using
    > > Real Player as I get an error message to the effect "... There is no
    > > software
    > > update available from Real to support this content.
    > > video/x-pn-peg-plugin.

    The Buckster,
    Look in Control Panel, System, Hardware Tab, Device Manager, Sound
    Video & Game Controllers. Are their any yellow bangs showing up with
    exclamation points? If you look at the properties for the sound device,
    does it show that the device is working properly, or the driver is not
    loaded?
    If the driver isn't loaded, see your computer manufacturers website for
    the proper driver for your computer model. Download & install/update
    driver.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

  4. This has happened to me as well! It worked earlier today, but now it doesn't work. I did what you said, and it says they are all working properly.
  5. If all Method doesn't work,, try to reformat your computer
  6. What happened to you? Please let us know what program(s) you are having specific issues with.
  7. Quote:
    If all Method doesn't work,, try to reformat your computer

    I have no sound on my comp!!
    I tried the properties on the device manager their loaded the drivers that is but
    it can't find the hardware?? can you please help me find the solution to getting my sound back ive tried a lot of things??

Video Hardware Audio Windows Movie Maker Error Message Windows XP