How to use SmartPar for missing files?

I posted a question about missing volumes a month ago. Someone kindly
suggested to use SmartPar to recover the missing or corrupt volumes. I
have downloaded and attempted to use it after reading the tutorial. In
tutorial, SmartPar automatically find missing file and then tells how to
recover it. In my case one volume is missing out of some one hundred
files. SmartPar does not realize one is missing and conclude all files
are good. Subsequent WinRar spot the missing and stops there. Am I doing
something incorrect? Please tell me what I need to do. Thanks.

Chiropter wrote:

> I posted a question about missing volumes a month ago. Someone kindly
> suggested to use SmartPar to recover the missing or corrupt volumes. I
> have downloaded and attempted to use it after reading the tutorial. In
> tutorial, SmartPar automatically find missing file and then tells how to
> recover it. In my case one volume is missing out of some one hundred
> files. SmartPar does not realize one is missing and conclude all files
> are good. Subsequent WinRar spot the missing and stops there. Am I doing
> something incorrect? Please tell me what I need to do. Thanks.

No, your not doing something wrong.

Good rule of thumb is to have as many par files, as you have files missing.

On my Windows machine, I use:
QuickPar (http://www.quickpar.org.uk/)

On my Mac machine, I use:
MacPAR (http://www.xs4all.nl/~loekjehe/MacPAROSX/)

-Richard

Thanks a lot for your kind response. My problem has been solved.

Richard Ragon wrote:

> Chiropter wrote:
>
>> I posted a question about missing volumes a month ago. Someone kindly
>> suggested to use SmartPar to recover the missing or corrupt volumes.
>> I have downloaded and attempted to use it after reading the tutorial.
>> In tutorial, SmartPar automatically find missing file and then tells
>> how to recover it. In my case one volume is missing out of some one
>> hundred files. SmartPar does not realize one is missing and conclude
>> all files are good. Subsequent WinRar spot the missing and stops
>> there. Am I doing something incorrect? Please tell me what I need to
>> do. Thanks.
>

> No, your not doing something wrong.
>
> Good rule of thumb is to have as many par files, as you have files
> missing.
>
> On my Windows machine, I use:
> QuickPar (http://www.quickpar.org.uk/)
>
> On my Mac machine, I use: