Binding Question

When binding a set of instructions ot a key, what character do you insert
for a "return"?

Specifically, I am trying to bind a key so that it carries out a set of
instructions for the Mani mod, so I want it to carry out the following
things

P (my bind to bring up the mani menu)
2 (fun player management)
1 (slap?)
1 (no damage)

Then I want it to leave the player selection window open.

As a side note, I also want it to be able to type more than one line of text
with one keypress, as in

[eC*K] Bigjobs There will be no racism on this server whatsoever
[eC*K] Bigjobs This is the one and only warning you shall be receiving

TIA

--
Bigjobs

* Bigjobs wrote:
> When binding a set of instructions ot a key, what character do you
> insert for a "return"?

No character, just use a ";" between the commands. eg

alias +cjump "+jump; +duck; walk_off"

> Specifically, I am trying to bind a key so that it carries out a set
> of instructions for the Mani mod, so I want it to carry out the
> following things
>
> P (my bind to bring up the mani menu)
> 2 (fun player management)
> 1 (slap?) 1 (no damage)
>
> Then I want it to leave the player selection window open.

Hmm, I haven't tried to bind to keys hit, but it may work. The way I
would do what you want is to find out the actual commands the "P", "2",
and "1" key sequence is executing and bind those commands.

So to directly answer your question, try:

bind F9 "p; 2; 1"

to use the F9 key to achieve what you want. I have no idea if this
works or not, and leave it to you to test. If it doesn't work at first,
try putting some "wait" commands between the above before giving up.
YOu might need several.

As I said, I would do it like this:

bind F9 "ma_slapmenu"

That command name is just made up, I don't know the command exactly -
you might need to search for it.

look at

http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/mani_admin_plugin/documentation/mani_admin_plugin.html

for commands.

> As a side note, I also want it to be able to type more than one line
> of text with one keypress, as in
>
> [eC*K] Bigjobs There will be no racism on this server whatsoever
> [eC*K] Bigjobs This is the one and only warning you shall be receiving

bind k "ma_say There will be no... ; ma_say This is the one and only
...."

--
PiG$$
current games : Counter-Strike:Source, Counter-Strike, Far Cry, Doom3

* PiG$$ wrote:
> * Bigjobs wrote:
[snip]

> Hmm, I haven't tried to bind to keys hit, but it may work. The way I
> would do what you want is to find out the actual commands the "P", "2",
> and "1" key sequence is executing and bind those commands.
>
> So to directly answer your question, try:
>
> bind F9 "p; 2; 1"
>
> to use the F9 key to achieve what you want. I have no idea if this
> works or not, and leave it to you to test. If it doesn't work at first,
> try putting some "wait" commands between the above before giving up.
> YOu might need several.

I am a bit more awake now ;-)
Of course the above won't work. The actions inside the "" need to be
commands or aliases, not keystrokes. So you'll need to adopt the method
below.

--

"PiG$$" <gamepig@piggo.com> wrote in message
>* PiG$$ wrote:
>> * Bigjobs wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> Hmm, I haven't tried to bind to keys hit, but it may work. The way I
>> would do what you want is to find out the actual commands the "P", "2",
>> and "1" key sequence is executing and bind those commands.
>>
>> So to directly answer your question, try:
>>
>> bind F9 "p; 2; 1"
>>
>> to use the F9 key to achieve what you want. I have no idea if this
>> works or not, and leave it to you to test. If it doesn't work at first,
>> try putting some "wait" commands between the above before giving up.
>> YOu might need several.
>
> I am a bit more awake now ;-)
> Of course the above won't work. The actions inside the "" need to be
> commands or aliases, not keystrokes. So you'll need to adopt the method
> below.
>
>> As I said, I would do it like this:
>>
>> bind F9 "ma_slapmenu"
>>
>> That command name is just made up, I don't know the command exactly -
>> you might need to search for it.
>>
>> look at
>>
>> http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/mani_admin_plugin/documentation/mani_admin_plugin.html
>>
>> for commands.
>>
>>> As a side note, I also want it to be able to type more than one line
>>> of text with one keypress, as in
>>>
>>> [eC*K] Bigjobs There will be no racism on this server whatsoever
>>> [eC*K] Bigjobs This is the one and only warning you shall be receiving
>>
>> bind k "ma_say There will be no... ; ma_say This is the one and only
>> ..."

Cheers mate, I was thinking I would have to use the actual commands, I have
them printed out somewhere at home.

Funnily, in Autocad (the software I use in work) the ; is used as a return
when binding buttons to multiple commands.

--
Bigjobs

* Bigjobs wrote:
[snip]
> Cheers mate, I was thinking I would have to use the actual commands, I
> have them printed out somewhere at home.
>
> Funnily, in Autocad (the software I use in work) the ; is used as a
> return when binding buttons to multiple commands.

I am a structural engineer - what do you do? We use Autocad all the
time.