daz

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

when i play music or dvds or download games my computer freezes,i've up dated
my sound card,reformatted my hard drive and run my computer with no other
software than windows xp home and it's still happening,would a new video card
fix this problem thanks daz

"daz" <daz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i play music or dvds or download games my computer freezes,i've up
> dated
> my sound card,reformatted my hard drive and run my computer with no other
> software than windows xp home and it's still happening,would a new video
> card
> fix this problem thanks daz

In addition; do you have the latest motherboard, processor and chipset
drivers installed?

With the very limited amount of information you have provided, it's hard to
suggest a solution.
Windows will not necessarily install the necessary hardware drivers; and the
ones from the manufacturers website are better than the generic Windows
drivers.

Bobby

have you tried updating the drivers for the graphics card? direct x? checked
if the pc specs meet those required to do what you want?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media