Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Microsoft MVP and Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show

John "PapaJohn" Buechler, of Kalamazoo, Mich., goes by PapaJohn online. An
avid user of Movie Maker since its first release, and a regular supporter of
the community of Movie Maker users, John received a 2003 MVP award from
Microsoft for that support.

In March 2003, he started a comprehensive website about Movie Maker 2 at
www.PapaJohn.org. He maintains the website, writes books and articles,
teaches and now he provides support services twice monthly on our show! -
all for the community of Movie Maker 2 users. Send him your questions now by
calling our voice mail machine at (206)-203-3516 or visit our contact page
at http://www.thedvshow.com/contact.html

--
Brian Alves

Listen to the new podcast
for DV creators- The DV Show!
http://www.thedvshow.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Bravo PapaJohn! Just think of all the anxiety he has saved people from
suffering.
That alone deserves this formal 'golf' clap !! he he he Good job man.

"The DV Show" wrote:

> Microsoft MVP and Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show
>
> John "PapaJohn" Buechler, of Kalamazoo, Mich., goes by PapaJohn online. An
> avid user of Movie Maker since its first release, and a regular supporter of
> the community of Movie Maker users, John received a 2003 MVP award from
> Microsoft for that support.
>
> In March 2003, he started a comprehensive website about Movie Maker 2 at
> www.PapaJohn.org. He maintains the website, writes books and articles,
> teaches and now he provides support services twice monthly on our show! -
> all for the community of Movie Maker 2 users. Send him your questions now by
> calling our voice mail machine at (206)-203-3516 or visit our contact page
> at http://www.thedvshow.com/contact.html
>

> --
> Brian Alves
>
> Listen to the new podcast
> for DV creators- The DV Show!
> http://www.thedvshow.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Thanks... the first session was only Q&A.... for the next ones I'll be
adding a 'tip of the session'... so it doesn't go too far down the path of
focusing on the problems without some balance...

--
PapaJohn
Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 website - www.papajohn.org

"dickmr" <dickmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Bravo PapaJohn! Just think of all the anxiety he has saved people from
> suffering.
> That alone deserves this formal 'golf' clap !! he he he Good job man.
>
> "The DV Show" wrote:
>
>> Microsoft MVP and Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show
>>
>> John "PapaJohn" Buechler, of Kalamazoo, Mich., goes by PapaJohn online.
>> An
>> avid user of Movie Maker since its first release, and a regular supporter
>> of
>> the community of Movie Maker users, John received a 2003 MVP award from
>> Microsoft for that support.
>>
>> In March 2003, he started a comprehensive website about Movie Maker 2 at
>> www.PapaJohn.org. He maintains the website, writes books and articles,
>> teaches and now he provides support services twice monthly on our show! -
>> all for the community of Movie Maker 2 users. Send him your questions now
>> by
>> calling our voice mail machine at (206)-203-3516 or visit our contact
>> page
>> at http://www.thedvshow.com/contact.html
>>

>> --
>> Brian Alves
>>
>> Listen to the new podcast
>> for DV creators- The DV Show!
>> http://www.thedvshow.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

An expert at Windows Movie Maker. Huh.

"The DV Show" <brian@thedvshow.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft MVP and Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show
>
> John "PapaJohn" Buechler, of Kalamazoo, Mich., goes by PapaJohn online. An
> avid user of Movie Maker since its first release, and a regular supporter
> of
> the community of Movie Maker users, John received a 2003 MVP award from
> Microsoft for that support.
>
> In March 2003, he started a comprehensive website about Movie Maker 2 at
> www.PapaJohn.org. He maintains the website, writes books and articles,
> teaches and now he provides support services twice monthly on our show! -
> all for the community of Movie Maker 2 users. Send him your questions now
> by
> calling our voice mail machine at (206)-203-3516 or visit our contact page
> at http://www.thedvshow.com/contact.html
>

> --
> Brian Alves
>
> Listen to the new podcast
> for DV creators- The DV Show!
> http://www.thedvshow.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I listened to the first one, nice job you sounded like you've been doing
radio all your life.
I agree with you about the Q&A, you don't want it to simply become an audio
version of this NG.
A tip of the session is a good way to segment out of the user problems part
of the show.

"PapaJohn (MVP)" <PapaJohn@CharterMI.net> wrote in message
> Thanks... the first session was only Q&A.... for the next ones I'll be
> adding a 'tip of the session'... so it doesn't go too far down the path
> of focusing on the problems without some balance...
>
> --
> PapaJohn
> Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 website - www.papajohn.org
>

> "dickmr" <dickmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Bravo PapaJohn! Just think of all the anxiety he has saved people from
>> suffering.
>> That alone deserves this formal 'golf' clap !! he he he Good job man.
>>
>> "The DV Show" wrote:
>>
>>> Microsoft MVP and Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show
>>>
>>> John "PapaJohn" Buechler, of Kalamazoo, Mich., goes by PapaJohn online.
>>> An
>>> avid user of Movie Maker since its first release, and a regular
>>> supporter of
>>> the community of Movie Maker users, John received a 2003 MVP award from
>>> Microsoft for that support.
>>>
>>> In March 2003, he started a comprehensive website about Movie Maker 2 at
>>> www.PapaJohn.org. He maintains the website, writes books and articles,
>>> teaches and now he provides support services twice monthly on our
>>> show! -
>>> all for the community of Movie Maker 2 users. Send him your questions
>>> now by
>>> calling our voice mail machine at (206)-203-3516 or visit our contact
>>> page
>>> at http://www.thedvshow.com/contact.html
>>>

>>> --
>>> Brian Alves
>>>
>>> Listen to the new podcast
>>> for DV creators- The DV Show!
>>> http://www.thedvshow.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Thanks... if you listened to it, then you've heard my lifetime of radio
broadcast sessions... all I did was answer the phone and chat about Movie
Make.

Unlike here, where I can't take back a post once I send it... I can say
'cut, cut' and redo part of the session. I used the undo button once during
the recording.
--

"Wojo" <wojo@mypc.net> wrote in message news:zPNue.14811$tG.5844@trnddc05...
>I listened to the first one, nice job you sounded like you've been doing
>radio all your life.
> I agree with you about the Q&A, you don't want it to simply become an
> audio version of this NG.
> A tip of the session is a good way to segment out of the user problems
> part of the show.
>
> "PapaJohn (MVP)" <PapaJohn@CharterMI.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks... the first session was only Q&A.... for the next ones I'll be
>> adding a 'tip of the session'... so it doesn't go too far down the path
>> of focusing on the problems without some balance...
>>
>> --
>> PapaJohn
>> Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 website - www.papajohn.org
>>

>> "dickmr" <dickmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Bravo PapaJohn! Just think of all the anxiety he has saved people from
>>> suffering.
>>> That alone deserves this formal 'golf' clap !! he he he Good job
>>> man.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

awww now I'm not as impressed <g>
I didn't realize it was recorded, figured you had to come up with immediate
answers without the time to think about it before clicking the send button.

> Thanks... if you listened to it, then you've heard my lifetime of radio
> broadcast sessions... all I did was answer the phone and chat about Movie
> Make.
>
> Unlike here, where I can't take back a post once I send it... I can say
> 'cut, cut' and redo part of the session. I used the undo button once
> during the recording.
> --
> PapaJohn
> Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 website - www.papajohn.org
>

> "Wojo" <wojo@mypc.net> wrote in message
>>I listened to the first one, nice job you sounded like you've been doing
>>radio all your life.
>> I agree with you about the Q&A, you don't want it to simply become an
>> audio version of this NG.
>> A tip of the session is a good way to segment out of the user problems
>> part of the show.
>>
>> "PapaJohn (MVP)" <PapaJohn@CharterMI.net> wrote in message
>>> Thanks... the first session was only Q&A.... for the next ones I'll be
>>> adding a 'tip of the session'... so it doesn't go too far down the path
>>> of focusing on the problems without some balance...
>>>
>>> --
>>> PapaJohn
>>> Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 website - www.papajohn.org
>>>

>>> "dickmr" <dickmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Congrats man! You deserve that and more for all the help you give to others.
We need more generous experts in this world!

Rach
"dickmr" <dickmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Bravo PapaJohn! Just think of all the anxiety he has saved people from
> suffering.
> That alone deserves this formal 'golf' clap !! he he he Good job man.
>
> "The DV Show" wrote:
>
>> Microsoft MVP and Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show
>>
>> John "PapaJohn" Buechler, of Kalamazoo, Mich., goes by PapaJohn online.
>> An
>> avid user of Movie Maker since its first release, and a regular supporter
>> of
>> the community of Movie Maker users, John received a 2003 MVP award from
>> Microsoft for that support.
>>
>> In March 2003, he started a comprehensive website about Movie Maker 2 at
>> www.PapaJohn.org. He maintains the website, writes books and articles,
>> teaches and now he provides support services twice monthly on our show! -
>> all for the community of Movie Maker 2 users. Send him your questions now
>> by
>> calling our voice mail machine at (206)-203-3516 or visit our contact
>> page
>> at http://www.thedvshow.com/contact.html
>>

>> --
>> Brian Alves
>>
>> Listen to the new podcast
>> for DV creators- The DV Show!
>> http://www.thedvshow.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

thanks Rach...

--

"Rach" <rachgirlnospam@nospam.sc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Congrats man! You deserve that and more for all the help you give to
> others. We need more generous experts in this world!
>
> Rach
> "dickmr" <dickmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Bravo PapaJohn! Just think of all the anxiety he has saved people from
>> suffering.
>> That alone deserves this formal 'golf' clap !! he he he Good job man.
>>
>> "The DV Show" wrote:
>>
>>> Microsoft MVP and Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show
>>>
>>> John "PapaJohn" Buechler, of Kalamazoo, Mich., goes by PapaJohn online.
>>> An
>>> avid user of Movie Maker since its first release, and a regular
>>> supporter of
>>> the community of Movie Maker users, John received a 2003 MVP award from
>>> Microsoft for that support.
>>>
>>> In March 2003, he started a comprehensive website about Movie Maker 2 at
>>> www.PapaJohn.org. He maintains the website, writes books and articles,
>>> teaches and now he provides support services twice monthly on our
>>> show! -
>>> all for the community of Movie Maker 2 users. Send him your questions
>>> now by
>>> calling our voice mail machine at (206)-203-3516 or visit our contact
>>> page
>>> at http://www.thedvshow.com/contact.html
>>>

>>> --
>>> Brian Alves
>>>
>>> Listen to the new podcast
>>> for DV creators- The DV Show!
>>> http://www.thedvshow.com

geekboy

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2005

"Innocent Bystander" <Finger@Lickin'-Good.com> wrote in message
> An expert at Windows Movie Maker. Huh.

I think that's like say "I'm an expert in starting cars"

> "The DV Show" <brian@thedvshow.com> wrote in message
>> Microsoft MVP and Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show
>>
>> John "PapaJohn" Buechler, of Kalamazoo, Mich., goes by PapaJohn online.
>> An
>> avid user of Movie Maker since its first release, and a regular supporter
>> of
>> the community of Movie Maker users, John received a 2003 MVP award from
>> Microsoft for that support.
>>
>> In March 2003, he started a comprehensive website about Movie Maker 2 at
>> www.PapaJohn.org. He maintains the website, writes books and articles,
>> teaches and now he provides support services twice monthly on our show! -
>> all for the community of Movie Maker 2 users. Send him your questions now
>> by
>> calling our voice mail machine at (206)-203-3516 or visit our contact
>> page
>> at http://www.thedvshow.com/contact.html
>>

>> --
>> Brian Alves
>>
>> Listen to the new podcast
>> for DV creators- The DV Show!
>> http://www.thedvshow.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Actually I my first reaction was "An expert in nose picking"

"GeekBoy" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message

> "Innocent Bystander" <Finger@Lickin'-Good.com> wrote in message
>> An expert at Windows Movie Maker. Huh.
>
> I think that's like say "I'm an expert in starting cars"
>

>> "The DV Show" <brian@thedvshow.com> wrote in message
>>> Microsoft MVP and Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show
>>>
>>> John "PapaJohn" Buechler, of Kalamazoo, Mich., goes by PapaJohn online.
>>> An
>>> avid user of Movie Maker since its first release, and a regular
>>> supporter of
>>> the community of Movie Maker users, John received a 2003 MVP award from
>>> Microsoft for that support.
>>>
>>> In March 2003, he started a comprehensive website about Movie Maker 2 at
>>> www.PapaJohn.org. He maintains the website, writes books and articles,
>>> teaches and now he provides support services twice monthly on our
>>> show! -
>>> all for the community of Movie Maker 2 users. Send him your questions
>>> now by
>>> calling our voice mail machine at (206)-203-3516 or visit our contact
>>> page
>>> at http://www.thedvshow.com/contact.html
>>>

>>> --
>>> Brian Alves
>>>
>>> Listen to the new podcast
>>> for DV creators- The DV Show!
>>> http://www.thedvshow.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

"GeekBoy" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message

> "Innocent Bystander" <Finger@Lickin'-Good.com> wrote in message
>> An expert at Windows Movie Maker. Huh.
>
> I think that's like say "I'm an expert in starting cars"

I think both those comments are a bit unfair - yes, MM2 is a lot simpler
than Avid etc, but if you've not needed or found John's website useful, then
you haven't got into MovieMaker! He seems to have endless time to help
people, and stays polite in the face of adversity (I won't tempt fate by
mentioning you-know-who's name, but isn't it nice now he's not here?!?)

Just listened to some of the podcast - interesting to put a voice to a
website!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

I apologize. I have used Movie Maker quite extensively. I find the manner in
which it works to be cumbersome, particularly the little thumbnails it makes
at the bottom of the screen.

Also, I have absolutely no idea what you mean by referring to
"you-know-who".

"Jamie Furlong" <reply@thisgroup.please> wrote in message
> "GeekBoy" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>
>> "Innocent Bystander" <Finger@Lickin'-Good.com> wrote in message
>>> An expert at Windows Movie Maker. Huh.
>>
>> I think that's like say "I'm an expert in starting cars"
>
> I think both those comments are a bit unfair - yes, MM2 is a lot simpler
> than Avid etc, but if you've not needed or found John's website useful,
> then you haven't got into MovieMaker! He seems to have endless time to
> help people, and stays polite in the face of adversity (I won't tempt fate
> by mentioning you-know-who's name, but isn't it nice now he's not here?!?)
>
> Just listened to some of the podcast - interesting to put a voice to a
> website!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

"Jamie Furlong" <reply@thisgroup.please> wrote in message
> "GeekBoy" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>
>> "Innocent Bystander" <Finger@Lickin'-Good.com> wrote in message
>>> An expert at Windows Movie Maker. Huh.
>>
>> I think that's like say "I'm an expert in starting cars"
>
> I think both those comments are a bit unfair - yes, MM2 is a lot simpler
> than Avid etc, but if you've not needed or found John's website useful,
> then you haven't got into MovieMaker! He seems to have endless time to
> help people, and stays polite in the face of adversity (I won't tempt fate
> by mentioning you-know-who's name, but isn't it nice now he's not here?!?)

You may want to know that the reason "you-know-who" isn't here is because
all the times he was supposedly really sick he truly was and is currently
extremely sick and last I knew could barely move and was bed ridden.
I agree that this NG is much easier to read now and WAY less controversial
but....

> Just listened to some of the podcast - interesting to put a voice to a
> website!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

But, did the LIAR papajohn tell the whoile truth and nothing but the
truth....52 newsgroups worth of experience was'nt it...no...hang on....you
gained a bloated opinion of yourself pj...you upped it to 63 newsgroups
retrospectivly.....MY MY, the life of a LIAR....what a colourfull existence
you must have PJ.

> Actually I my first reaction was "An expert in nose picking"

Briiliant

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

DID PJ tell you what a LIAR he is????ask him how many newsgroups he posts
too...To prove he knew what he was talking about once, he claimed that he
posted to 52 newsgroups and many forums (that as we know is proof of nothing
at all)...I decided to check...at the time (2 years ago) it was only 8 news
groups and only two on a regular basis...when he was made to see that he was
WRONG on several issues including that he was a LIAR he lashed out and
produced statistics showing that he posted to 63 newsgrups.....those stats
produced by Microsoft showed the same story...HE IS A LIAR....the very large
majority of the newsgroups contained only one message...and that message was
there because it was a CROSSPOSTED MESSAGE...he had never been into the
newsgroup...EVER. It also shows that he is in addition a liar about his
DATABASE skills...that or he is a very large fool....would'nt you check the
stats first??? before posting them??? If he did and failed to see what they
showed............

There is probably a lot more you do not know about the man you are using to
promote your broadcasts.....maybe you should ask the man who took advice
from pj's website..VERY BAD ADVICE BY THE WAY...it screwed the mans machine
up...the advice was to mess with the BIOS settings...when the man asked pj
for advice...well the reply was I don't understand these things I just put
it on my site......no further help was offered......

"The DV Show" <brian@thedvshow.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft MVP and Movie Maker expert joins The DV Show
>
> John "PapaJohn" Buechler, of Kalamazoo, Mich., goes by PapaJohn online. An
> avid user of Movie Maker since its first release, and a regular supporter
> of
> the community of Movie Maker users, John received a 2003 MVP award from
> Microsoft for that support.
>
> In March 2003, he started a comprehensive website about Movie Maker 2 at
> www.PapaJohn.org. He maintains the website, writes books and articles,
> teaches and now he provides support services twice monthly on our show! -
> all for the community of Movie Maker 2 users. Send him your questions now
> by
> calling our voice mail machine at (206)-203-3516 or visit our contact page
> at http://www.thedvshow.com/contact.html
>

> --
> Brian Alves
>
> Listen to the new podcast
> for DV creators- The DV Show!
> http://www.thedvshow.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

"figured you had to come up with immediate answers without the time to think
about it before clicking the send button"

Only TRUE experts can do that.