help! 2 capture cards, 2 editing softwares and the same pr..

I've tried 2 different capture cards(WINTV PVR250 & ATI Wonder Pro)
and 2 editing softwares (Premiere 6 and PRO & Pinnacle studio 9) and I
cannot edit mpeg2 files. In premiere the files will import but play
with delayed and sluggish audio making editing impossible and lock ups
frequent. In studio 9 they only play audio from the clip and the video
is black.
I've used premiere for years with avi, mpeg and wmv files with no
problems. I only have the demo of studio 9 to test to see if it would
work there. The captured clips play fine in windows media player.
They also play in the Roxio DVD burning software that came with my
burner and burn to disk well.
Please help me solve this mystery, I don't know what to try next.
3 answers Last reply
More about help capture cards editing softwares

    On 20 Jun 2004 22:11:06 -0700, tvshrine@hotmail.com (shiner) wrote:

    >I've tried 2 different capture cards(WINTV PVR250 & ATI Wonder Pro)
    >and 2 editing softwares (Premiere 6 and PRO & Pinnacle studio 9) and I
    >cannot edit mpeg2 files.

    Then...

    >Please help me solve this mystery, I don't know what to try next.

    To start with, I know what I would not try -neither next nor ever. And
    that is Studio -neither for Avi, nor for mpeg, nor for anything.

    To edit mpeg-2, use Tmpgenc, or even better mpg-vcr from Womble.

    tvshrine@hotmail.com (shiner) wrote:

    >I've tried 2 different capture cards(WINTV PVR250 & ATI Wonder Pro)
    >and 2 editing softwares (Premiere 6 and PRO & Pinnacle studio 9) and I
    >cannot edit mpeg2 files. In premiere the files will import but play
    >with delayed and sluggish audio making editing impossible and lock ups
    >frequent. In studio 9 they only play audio from the clip and the video
    >is black.
    >I've used premiere for years with avi, mpeg and wmv files with no
    >problems. I only have the demo of studio 9 to test to see if it would
    >work there. The captured clips play fine in windows media player.
    >They also play in the Roxio DVD burning software that came with my
    >burner and burn to disk well.
    >Please help me solve this mystery, I don't know what to try next.

    Try downloading Ulead Video Studio 8
    It seems to handle a lot of situations.
    There is a trail version
    www.ulead.com

    You could also convert the video to a different format using Tmpgenc

    Regards Brian

    Is that all this group does is argue over editing software? Tmpgec is
    a file converter I need EDITING solutions. I don't want to convert to
    another format what would be the use in capturing to mpeg2? I only
    used Studio 9 to see if it was a premiere problem and don't think I
    would use it on a regular basis since it didn't look like you could
    seperate and move a clips audio track independently of it's video.

    Bariloche <bariloche@bariloche.com> wrote in message news:<bbpdd0pgu6jm6ou7dtcq0b2eaktq4vi7oa@4ax.com>...
    > On 20 Jun 2004 22:11:06 -0700, tvshrine@hotmail.com (shiner) wrote:
    >
    > >I've tried 2 different capture cards(WINTV PVR250 & ATI Wonder Pro)
    > >and 2 editing softwares (Premiere 6 and PRO & Pinnacle studio 9) and I
    > >cannot edit mpeg2 files.
    >
    > Then...
    >
    > >Please help me solve this mystery, I don't know what to try next.
    >
    > To start with, I know what I would not try -neither next nor ever. And
    > that is Studio -neither for Avi, nor for mpeg, nor for anything.
    >
    > To edit mpeg-2, use Tmpgenc, or even better mpg-vcr from Womble.

Tuner Cards Studio Graphics