High Definition pack hor Half-Life??

Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can get
it from?

Thanks

Sam
16 answers Last reply
More about high definition pack half life

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:42:36 +0100, "Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
    >Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can get
    >it from?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Sam

    it's in blue shift but doesn't work with steam-variant half-life.

    dr ratt

    the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
    he understands nothing about tuco.
    nothing.

    "doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:42:36 +0100, "Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
    >>Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can
    >>get
    >>it from?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Sam
    >>

    > it's in blue shift but doesn't work with steam-variant half-life.
    >
    > dr ratt

    Almost true. There is a fix to make it work in Steam HL (I've posted it
    here before).... but I'd have to google for it and the pub is calling :-)

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:02:21 +0100, "Shawk"
    <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

    >"doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:42:36 +0100, "Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
    >>>Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can
    >>>get
    >>>it from?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Sam
    >>>

    >> it's in blue shift but doesn't work with steam-variant half-life.
    >>
    >> dr ratt
    >>

    >Almost true. There is a fix to make it work in Steam HL (I've posted it
    >here before).... but I'd have to google for it and the pub is calling :-)

    obviously a southerner.
    no northerner would waste valuable drinking time on a ng.
    i had the foresight to fill my 7' high fridge with stella artois so am
    approaching a state of inebriation that should earn me a knighthood.
    have fun.

    drunken ratt

    the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
    he understands nothing about tuco.
    nothing.

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:48:34 +0100, doctor.ratt
    <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:42:36 +0100, "Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
    >>Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can get
    >>it from?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Sam
    >>

    >it's in blue shift but doesn't work with steam-variant half-life.

    It certainly does work in steam. If you can't work out how to extract
    the files from BS yourself, or find them on the net (try steampowered
    forums first), I could put them on a newsgroup for you.

    -----Half-Life High Definition Pack for Steam------

    About:
    This is the High Definition Pack that was included
    in the release of "Half-Life: Blue Shift". I have
    taken the pack and ripped the models, sprites and
    ofcourse the sounds. They are all 100% Steam
    compatible.

    Release Information:
    Ripper: Leon
    Product Ripped: High Definition Pack for Half-Life
    Release Date: 5/21/04
    Compression: Zip File
    Size: 5-6MB

    Install:
    To install simply place the files in your Steam
    Half-Life folder. Should look something like:

    X:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\emailaddress\half-life\Valve

    Then load up and make sure it works.

    --
    steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org

    "doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > >Almost true. There is a fix to make it work in Steam HL (I've posted it
    > >here before).... but I'd have to google for it and the pub is calling
    :-)

    > obviously a southerner.
    > no northerner would waste valuable drinking time on a ng.
    > i had the foresight to fill my 7' high fridge with stella artois so am
    > approaching a state of inebriation that should earn me a knighthood.

    You, sir, are an imposter. No Northerner would admit to filling his fridge
    with foreign beer and having a night in.

    Not on a Friday, anyway...

    > On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:02:21 +0100, "Shawk"
    > <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:
    >

    >>"doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message

    >>> it's in blue shift but doesn't work with steam-variant half-life.
    >>>
    >>> dr ratt
    >>>

    >>Almost true. There is a fix to make it work in Steam HL (I've posted it
    >>here before).... but I'd have to google for it and the pub is calling :-)
    >>

    > obviously a southerner.
    > no northerner would waste valuable drinking time on a ng.
    > i had the foresight to fill my 7' high fridge with stella artois so am
    > approaching a state of inebriation that should earn me a knighthood.
    > have fun.
    >
    > drunken ratt

    Exccuse me sir I am neither a southerner nor am I a northener. I am a
    midlander. However your wish for me to have fun sways me to forgive you.

    For the OP I see Steve Evans has posted some info on the hi def. If you
    have any probs come back to us. I'll dig out the old link which had more
    detailed instructions.

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:18:14 GMT, "G Hardy"
    <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

    >"doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
    ><snip>
    >> >Almost true. There is a fix to make it work in Steam HL (I've posted it
    >> >here before).... but I'd have to google for it and the pub is calling
    >:-)
    >> >

    >> obviously a southerner.
    >> no northerner would waste valuable drinking time on a ng.
    >> i had the foresight to fill my 7' high fridge with stella artois so am
    >> approaching a state of inebriation that should earn me a knighthood.
    >
    >You, sir, are an imposter. No Northerner would admit to filling his fridge
    >with foreign beer and having a night in.
    >
    >Not on a Friday, anyway...

    i must disagree whole-heartedly. us english seem to have 'lost' the
    ability to brew decent beer.
    if you think that's bad, the poor aussies & yanks NEVER had a clue.
    immho, the germans always had the secret with becks, any day of the
    week.

    dr ratt

    You will need a blue shift cd....do you have one??? If so, you can get it
    to work np....let me know if you have that cd, if you do...I'll be happy to
    look
    up the fix (patch).

    I was helped from this ng regarding this exact issue about 4-5 months ago.
    It will take me a bit of time to look up the solution, so if you don't have
    the
    BS cd...then I wont need to spend the time. Let me know.....

    "Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
    > Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can
    > get
    > it from?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Sam

    On 7/22/2005 6:23 PM doctor.ratt brightened our day with:

    >i must disagree whole-heartedly. us english seem to have 'lost' the
    >ability to brew decent beer.
    >if you think that's bad, the poor aussies & yanks NEVER had a clue.
    >immho, the germans always had the secret with becks, any day of the
    >week.
    >
    >dr ratt

    I always enjoyed Bass Ale and an occasional Newcastle. As far as the
    big US breweries it's all piss, but there are so many great micro
    breweries that finding a decent beer isn't that difficult. Anchor Steam
    from here in San Francisco and Red Hook ESB from Seattle were two of my
    favorites, Sierra Nevada is a great beer too. Red Stripe from Jamaica,
    ah... I used to work at a reggae night club in San Francisco, good
    memories. ....please excuse the reminiscing.
    Unfortunately I don't drink any more, and haven't had any this century
    so perhaps things have gone down hill and I'm ignorant of it.

    --
    "I don't feel tardy"

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    > >You, sir, are an imposter. No Northerner would admit to filling his
    fridge
    > >with foreign beer and having a night in.
    > >
    > >Not on a Friday, anyway...
    > >

    > i must disagree whole-heartedly. us english seem to have 'lost' the
    > ability to brew decent beer.
    > if you think that's bad, the poor aussies & yanks NEVER had a clue.
    > immho, the germans always had the secret with becks, any day of the
    > week.

    There are plenty of good small breweries around. Burton & Theakson both
    spring to mind. I have to concur about the Becks, though. In fact I may have
    to spend the night in (wifey working, and no babysitter) so I may go and get
    a few bottles.

    > Nah. Not at all. TBH I've been ignoring the Desert/Regs posts (I presume
    > that's what you thought I was commenting on)?
    >
    > Personally I supported the war. Was gutted by some of the no-WMD
    > revelations but it didn't change my mind and I still think Saddam is now
    > in the rightful place. However it is obvious to me that Iraq is now going
    > to have a Civil war and we wont change that. UK had one, US had one.
    > Perhaps it's needed before a Country can be united or a democracy can be
    > accepted? Dunno. I am starting to wonder though whether our troops in
    > Iraq should be left sitting in the middle of it.
    >
    > Closer home and ref terrorists we had decades of the IRA - they didnt win.
    > How could they? Same with our modern day suicide bombers. We wont stop
    > them all and they too cannot win - all a bit pointless sadly.
    >
    > Sorry this is completely OT but several pints of Speckled Hen and a third
    > of a very good bottle of port will do that to ya. After 4am here - dont
    > know what time it is over there but have a great (what's left of the)
    > weekend.
    >
    > Shaun

    The best stuff is the original scrumpy jack. very cloudy cider. usually
    has sediment in the bottom. sold in the old 'moonshine' jugs. no fizz.
    Tastes like it soaked through a lump of wood first.

    doctor.ratt wrote:
    > immho, the germans always had the secret with becks, any day of the
    > week.

    I never really thought much of Becks whenever I tried it in Ireland.
    Then I went to Germany for a weekend, near Bremen where its brewed, and
    it was as ubiquitous as Guinness in Dublin so I had to drink it. I had
    to drink a lot of it. And it was really good. So smooth you get pished
    without noticing and somehow it leaves you with only a shadow of a
    hangover too...

    Civilian_Target

    Yes, I do have the blue shift CD....

    Sam

    "zman" <zman@airnautique.com> wrote in message
    > You will need a blue shift cd....do you have one??? If so, you can get it
    > to work np....let me know if you have that cd, if you do...I'll be happy
    > look
    > up the fix (patch).
    >
    > I was helped from this ng regarding this exact issue about 4-5 months ago.
    > It will take me a bit of time to look up the solution, so if you don't
    have
    > the
    > BS cd...then I wont need to spend the time. Let me know.....

    sorry to say I can't find the original email that would make this pretty
    simple on my
    end....but I'll tell you what I remember....(it's been a while)

    Right now your directory for half life should look something like this....

    program files/valve/steam/steamApps/your steam id
    name/half-life/valve/sprites

    sprites is the folder where the hd pack must be installed to....
    I think I just copied the files over from my pre steam valve/sprites
    folder....
    Mess around with it once or twice, you should be able to get lucky
    as long as the target files are placed in the above directory it should
    work.

    Let me know if you can figure it out....if you can't I'll find my blueshift
    cd
    and re-install it which I should be able to retrace my steps.

    I know it was a simple workaround, and I had plenty of people
    telling me it wouldn't work in steam (just like this thread) but I can
    send a screan shot to prove it out if you wish... it can be done
    and it works just like the pre-steam valve version just in steam.

    let me know how it goes, maybe someone else can be more specific
    but I think you can stumble accross the solution just knowing the target.
    If not, I'll be happy to retrace my old steps to get you going.

    Sam wrote on 7/22/2005 3:42 PM:
    > Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
    > Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can get
    > it from?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Sam

    You need to add the following to your registry:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\bshift]
    "directory"="D:\games\HL Blue Shift"
    "Full Name"="Half-Life: Blue Shift"

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\halflife]
    "directory"="D:\games\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\jimman17@hotmail.com\half-life"
    "Full Name"="Half-Life"

    You can put it in a text file and then rename it with a reg extension.
    That will automcatically impport it.

    Then download the gfly_uhds.exe from file planet, and you are done. If
    it fails, make sure the above keys were created properly.

    Jim

    Try this one. It's not the one I posted here before but it seems to follow
    the same steps.

    http://xenomorph.net/misc/half_life_hd_pack.php

Download Games Video Games