High Definition pack hor Half-Life??

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 23, 2005 12:42:36 AM

Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can get
it from?

Thanks

Sam
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 12:48:34 AM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:42:36 +0100, "Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
>Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can get
>it from?
>
>Thanks
>
>Sam

it's in blue shift but doesn't work with steam-variant half-life.

dr ratt

the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
he understands nothing about tuco.
nothing.
July 23, 2005 1:02:21 AM

"doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D aj2e1h2pitmk3qoclikft2iedil9ijrog@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:42:36 +0100, "Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
>>Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can
>>get
>>it from?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Sam
>>

> it's in blue shift but doesn't work with steam-variant half-life.
>
> dr ratt

Almost true. There is a fix to make it work in Steam HL (I've posted it
here before).... but I'd have to google for it and the pub is calling :-)
July 23, 2005 1:17:33 AM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:02:21 +0100, "Shawk"
<shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

>"doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:D aj2e1h2pitmk3qoclikft2iedil9ijrog@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:42:36 +0100, "Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
>>>Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can
>>>get
>>>it from?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Sam
>>>

>> it's in blue shift but doesn't work with steam-variant half-life.
>>
>> dr ratt
>>

>Almost true. There is a fix to make it work in Steam HL (I've posted it
>here before).... but I'd have to google for it and the pub is calling :-)

obviously a southerner.
no northerner would waste valuable drinking time on a ng.
i had the foresight to fill my 7' high fridge with stella artois so am
approaching a state of inebriation that should earn me a knighthood.
have fun.

drunken ratt

the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
he understands nothing about tuco.
nothing.
July 23, 2005 4:46:21 AM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:48:34 +0100, doctor.ratt
<spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:42:36 +0100, "Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
>>Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can get
>>it from?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Sam
>>

>it's in blue shift but doesn't work with steam-variant half-life.

It certainly does work in steam. If you can't work out how to extract
the files from BS yourself, or find them on the net (try steampowered
forums first), I could put them on a newsgroup for you.

-----Half-Life High Definition Pack for Steam------

About:
This is the High Definition Pack that was included
in the release of "Half-Life: Blue Shift". I have
taken the pack and ripped the models, sprites and
ofcourse the sounds. They are all 100% Steam
compatible.

Release Information:
Ripper: Leon
Product Ripped: High Definition Pack for Half-Life
Release Date: 5/21/04
Compression: Zip File
Size: 5-6MB

Install:
To install simply place the files in your Steam
Half-Life folder. Should look something like:

X:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\emailaddress\half-life\Valve

Then load up and make sure it works.

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
Anonymous

"doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
<snip>
> >Almost true. There is a fix to make it work in Steam HL (I've posted it
> >here before).... but I'd have to google for it and the pub is calling
:-)

> obviously a southerner.
> no northerner would waste valuable drinking time on a ng.
> i had the foresight to fill my 7' high fridge with stella artois so am
> approaching a state of inebriation that should earn me a knighthood.

You, sir, are an imposter. No Northerner would admit to filling his fridge
with foreign beer and having a night in.

Not on a Friday, anyway...
July 23, 2005 5:24:30 AM

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:02:21 +0100, "Shawk"
> <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:
>

>>"doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
>>news:D aj2e1h2pitmk3qoclikft2iedil9ijrog@4ax.com...

>>> it's in blue shift but doesn't work with steam-variant half-life.
>>>
>>> dr ratt
>>>

>>Almost true. There is a fix to make it work in Steam HL (I've posted it
>>here before).... but I'd have to google for it and the pub is calling :-)
>>

> obviously a southerner.
> no northerner would waste valuable drinking time on a ng.
> i had the foresight to fill my 7' high fridge with stella artois so am
> approaching a state of inebriation that should earn me a knighthood.
> have fun.
>
> drunken ratt

Exccuse me sir I am neither a southerner nor am I a northener. I am a
midlander. However your wish for me to have fun sways me to forgive you.

For the OP I see Steve Evans has posted some info on the hi def. If you
have any probs come back to us. I'll dig out the old link which had more
detailed instructions.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 6:23:01 AM

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:18:14 GMT, "G Hardy"
<gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

>"doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
><snip>
>> >Almost true. There is a fix to make it work in Steam HL (I've posted it
>> >here before).... but I'd have to google for it and the pub is calling
>:-)
>> >

>> obviously a southerner.
>> no northerner would waste valuable drinking time on a ng.
>> i had the foresight to fill my 7' high fridge with stella artois so am
>> approaching a state of inebriation that should earn me a knighthood.
>
>You, sir, are an imposter. No Northerner would admit to filling his fridge
>with foreign beer and having a night in.
>
>Not on a Friday, anyway...

i must disagree whole-heartedly. us english seem to have 'lost' the
ability to brew decent beer.
if you think that's bad, the poor aussies & yanks NEVER had a clue.
immho, the germans always had the secret with becks, any day of the
week.

dr ratt
July 23, 2005 7:08:18 AM

You will need a blue shift cd....do you have one??? If so, you can get it
to work np....let me know if you have that cd, if you do...I'll be happy to
look
up the fix (patch).

I was helped from this ng regarding this exact issue about 4-5 months ago.
It will take me a bit of time to look up the solution, so if you don't have
the
BS cd...then I wont need to spend the time. Let me know.....

"Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D bri7a$vvv$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
> Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can
> get
> it from?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 10:42:39 AM

On 7/22/2005 6:23 PM doctor.ratt brightened our day with:

>i must disagree whole-heartedly. us english seem to have 'lost' the
>ability to brew decent beer.
>if you think that's bad, the poor aussies & yanks NEVER had a clue.
>immho, the germans always had the secret with becks, any day of the
>week.
>
>dr ratt

I always enjoyed Bass Ale and an occasional Newcastle. As far as the
big US breweries it's all piss, but there are so many great micro
breweries that finding a decent beer isn't that difficult. Anchor Steam
from here in San Francisco and Red Hook ESB from Seattle were two of my
favorites, Sierra Nevada is a great beer too. Red Stripe from Jamaica,
ah... I used to work at a reggae night club in San Francisco, good
memories. ....please excuse the reminiscing.
Unfortunately I don't drink any more, and haven't had any this century
so perhaps things have gone down hill and I'm ignorant of it.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 6:55:19 PM

> >You, sir, are an imposter. No Northerner would admit to filling his
fridge
> >with foreign beer and having a night in.
> >
> >Not on a Friday, anyway...
> >

> i must disagree whole-heartedly. us english seem to have 'lost' the
> ability to brew decent beer.
> if you think that's bad, the poor aussies & yanks NEVER had a clue.
> immho, the germans always had the secret with becks, any day of the
> week.

There are plenty of good small breweries around. Burton & Theakson both
spring to mind. I have to concur about the Becks, though. In fact I may have
to spend the night in (wifey working, and no babysitter) so I may go and get
a few bottles.
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 12:04:22 PM

> Nah. Not at all. TBH I've been ignoring the Desert/Regs posts (I presume
> that's what you thought I was commenting on)?
>
> Personally I supported the war. Was gutted by some of the no-WMD
> revelations but it didn't change my mind and I still think Saddam is now
> in the rightful place. However it is obvious to me that Iraq is now going
> to have a Civil war and we wont change that. UK had one, US had one.
> Perhaps it's needed before a Country can be united or a democracy can be
> accepted? Dunno. I am starting to wonder though whether our troops in
> Iraq should be left sitting in the middle of it.
>
> Closer home and ref terrorists we had decades of the IRA - they didnt win.
> How could they? Same with our modern day suicide bombers. We wont stop
> them all and they too cannot win - all a bit pointless sadly.
>
> Sorry this is completely OT but several pints of Speckled Hen and a third
> of a very good bottle of port will do that to ya. After 4am here - dont
> know what time it is over there but have a great (what's left of the)
> weekend.
>
> Shaun

The best stuff is the original scrumpy jack. very cloudy cider. usually
has sediment in the bottom. sold in the old 'moonshine' jugs. no fizz.
Tastes like it soaked through a lump of wood first.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 2:22:14 PM

doctor.ratt wrote:
> immho, the germans always had the secret with becks, any day of the
> week.

I never really thought much of Becks whenever I tried it in Ireland.
Then I went to Germany for a weekend, near Bremen where its brewed, and
it was as ubiquitous as Guinness in Dublin so I had to drink it. I had
to drink a lot of it. And it was really good. So smooth you get pished
without noticing and somehow it leaves you with only a shadow of a
hangover too...

Civilian_Target
July 26, 2005 5:29:06 AM

Yes, I do have the blue shift CD....

Sam

"zman" <zman@airnautique.com> wrote in message
> You will need a blue shift cd....do you have one??? If so, you can get it
> to work np....let me know if you have that cd, if you do...I'll be happy
> look
> up the fix (patch).
>
> I was helped from this ng regarding this exact issue about 4-5 months ago.
> It will take me a bit of time to look up the solution, so if you don't
have
> the
> BS cd...then I wont need to spend the time. Let me know.....

July 26, 2005 8:42:18 AM

sorry to say I can't find the original email that would make this pretty
simple on my
end....but I'll tell you what I remember....(it's been a while)

Right now your directory for half life should look something like this....

program files/valve/steam/steamApps/your steam id
name/half-life/valve/sprites

sprites is the folder where the hd pack must be installed to....
I think I just copied the files over from my pre steam valve/sprites
folder....
Mess around with it once or twice, you should be able to get lucky
as long as the target files are placed in the above directory it should
work.

Let me know if you can figure it out....if you can't I'll find my blueshift
cd
and re-install it which I should be able to retrace my steps.

I know it was a simple workaround, and I had plenty of people
telling me it wouldn't work in steam (just like this thread) but I can
send a screan shot to prove it out if you wish... it can be done
and it works just like the pre-steam valve version just in steam.

let me know how it goes, maybe someone else can be more specific
but I think you can stumble accross the solution just knowing the target.
If not, I'll be happy to retrace my old steps to get you going.

"Sam" <Nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D c404l$ukc$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Yes, I do have the blue shift CD....
>
> Sam
>

> "zman" <zman@airnautique.com> wrote in message
>> You will need a blue shift cd....do you have one??? If so, you can get
>> it
>> to work np....let me know if you have that cd, if you do...I'll be happy
>> look
>> up the fix (patch).
>>
>> I was helped from this ng regarding this exact issue about 4-5 months
>> ago.
>> It will take me a bit of time to look up the solution, so if you don't
> have
>> the
>> BS cd...then I wont need to spend the time. Let me know.....

July 26, 2005 12:19:09 PM

Sam wrote on 7/22/2005 3:42 PM:
> Hi, I heard its possible to download a high definition pack for Half-Life.
> Had a look on the net but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can get
> it from?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam

You need to add the following to your registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\bshift]
"directory"="D:\games\HL Blue Shift"
"Full Name"="Half-Life: Blue Shift"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\halflife]
"directory"="D:\games\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\jimman17@hotmail.com\half-life"
"Full Name"="Half-Life"

You can put it in a text file and then rename it with a reg extension.
That will automcatically impport it.

Then download the gfly_uhds.exe from file planet, and you are done. If
it fails, make sure the above keys were created properly.

Jim
!