Auto Output into MyVideos

Just installed XP and I still don't like the MyXXX folders that the MS
developers like to force upon us. Now it's gone too far.
I have WinTV which allows me to record or watch TV on my PC. The only
recordings I do are animated movies for my granddaughter to watch when she
visits. Well, in the past, with 2000 Pro, the output file was automatically
put into the WinTV's directory. Now that I've allowed XP on my machine, the
output is directed to C:\MyVideos, and I can't find a place to change the
output in the application's setup. I'll keep looking but I'd like a quick
answer.
How do I tell XP to leave well enough alone and let me decide where the
output should go?
And, further, how would I go about telling Windows to put such outputs into
the folder with my profile's name under Documents and Settings instead of
trashing my root with continually recreating such MyXXX folders?

It will be a setting inside the WinTV director... usually under Tools,
Options.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Big Al" <Big Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just installed XP and I still don't like the MyXXX folders that the MS
> developers like to force upon us. Now it's gone too far.
> I have WinTV which allows me to record or watch TV on my PC. The only
> recordings I do are animated movies for my granddaughter to watch when she
> visits. Well, in the past, with 2000 Pro, the output file was
> automatically
> put into the WinTV's directory. Now that I've allowed XP on my machine,
> the
> output is directed to C:\MyVideos, and I can't find a place to change the
> output in the application's setup. I'll keep looking but I'd like a quick
> answer.
> How do I tell XP to leave well enough alone and let me decide where the
> output should go?
> And, further, how would I go about telling Windows to put such outputs
> into
> the folder with my profile's name under Documents and Settings instead of
> trashing my root with continually recreating such MyXXX folders?

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

The issue of WinTV seems unrelated to default windows folders.
"C:\MyVideos" is not a standard XP folder anyway.

However if you want to rename/change location/etc of the special XP
folders like "My Videos" etc you can do so by using the "tweakui"
powertoy from microsoft.

Instal and then run it and go to My Computer -> Special Folders

--
Rehan
MS MVP (Digital Media)