I have a new HP Pavillion with a DVD-ROM drive and a DVD Writer. How do I
make a copy of a DVD? I thought Windows Media Player would do it, but
evidently I can only burn CDs. What am I missing? Help!

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Windows Media Player does not come with the ability to view DVDs so it
would, therefore,be impossible to use it to copy a DVD and then burn it on a
DVD burner.

I've seen software that will do what you want. Search Google.

"JWFirm" <JWFirm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new HP Pavillion with a DVD-ROM drive and a DVD Writer. How do I
> make a copy of a DVD? I thought Windows Media Player would do it, but
> evidently I can only burn CDs. What am I missing? Help!

Most Commercial DVDs have copyright protection that prevents their being
copied. If you are trying to copy commercial DVDs, you won't find any
assistance here as it is a Federal Offence to copy DVD's; However it may or
may not be within your legal rights to make a backup of a DVD that you
purchased legally. If you are trying to copy a DVD that you did not
purchase, it *IS* a felony and anyone assisting you here is technically an
accessory to that crime.

Post back with the specifics (is it a commercially produced CD?). If not,
perhaps someone will help.

Bobby