ok, i finally bought a digital camera, now what printer do..

i know this is a camera group, but i figure photographers know best
about their prints. am i wrong?
2 answers Last reply
More about finally bought digital camera printer

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:22:07 -0500, jj <l;fj'af@oiulkf.com> wrote:

    >i know this is a camera group, but i figure photographers know best
    >about their prints. am i wrong?

    It depends on what type of Prints that you wan't

    Big, Small, Long lasting etc

    jj wrote:
    > i know this is a camera group, but i figure photographers know best
    > about their prints. am i wrong?

    There are a number of choices. I happen to like Epson printers, but there
    are other printer manufacturers, such as Canon, whose products are
    excellent. I generally print two images per letter size sheet, and spiral
    bind related images into booklets. The ink and paper cost is about 25 cents
    per image. I like having more control over the final image as well as the
    larger size.

    But the best printer may be no printer at all. You may find that getting
    drugstore quality prints wastes more ink and paper, and is more challenging
    and less fun than you thought it would be. If you have convenient access to
    1 hour digital photo printing, you may find it economical and convenient to
    have 4x6's printed there. WalMart, for example, does 4x6's for 24 cents
    each. Or you may have snapfish.com or ofoto.com do them. The quality is
    good, and the prints last the same as conventional photos.
    --

    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com

Cameras Printers Peripherals