DVD audio subsystem error message

Hi: Ever since I updated my HP Pavilion 7970 from Windows ME to XP my dvd
player will not play a dvd because of an audio error. Here it is exactly:

"Error PL4014: Playback failed due to an error with the audio subsystem.
Your currently installed audio driver may not be fully compatible with
DirectX. Please close any DirectSound applications that are using the sound
card. If the problem persists, you may need to upgrade or reinstall your
sound card driver."

This message is from the interActual 2.0 player. I have the nVIDIA dvd
decoder installed. I've updated the driver for the soundcard (Creative Audio
PCI), and tried various other fixes, none of which have worked. Strangely
enough, the dvd player will play audio CDs without a problem which suggests
to me to a continuing software problem and not a problem with the player
itself.

Not being particularly computer savy I would appreciate any and all
suggestions.

Thanks,
LawrenceThomas
1 answer Last reply
More about audio subsystem error message

    Lawrence,
    Look for the post by "Rasta" in this forum.
    'DVD Playback'
    (http://www.totalformat.com/forum/printthread.php?t=23112)
    Hope it helps you.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

Video DVD Audio Error Message Windows XP