Trying to put audio in movie maker

June 27, 2005 11:03:05 AM

I have a sony handycam that puts the video on dvd's . . . and in order to use
movie maker i have already downloaded a converter to put my MPEG video in AVI
and/or WMV formats.

the problem is that when i convert the MPEG files to AVI i lose all the
audio. Is there a specific format that i need to convert the MPEG to in
order to save the audio? if not, is there another way around this problem?

Thanks for any help!!!
--
Smiles,
Ann

More about : put audio movie maker

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:03:18 AM

Check out www.papajohn.org and see the importing source files, video, discs
--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a sony handycam that puts the video on dvd's . . . and in order to
>use
> movie maker i have already downloaded a converter to put my MPEG video in
> AVI
> and/or WMV formats.
>
> the problem is that when i convert the MPEG files to AVI i lose all the
> audio. Is there a specific format that i need to convert the MPEG to in
> order to save the audio? if not, is there another way around this
> problem?
>
> Thanks for any help!!!
> --
> Smiles,
> Ann
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:05:01 AM

Don't know why you want to use Movie Maker?

If you're looking to edit your movies then make a DVD, Movie Maker is a
waste of time since it isn't capable of making DVD's.

You'd be better off using a program that will make DVD's, in which case you
wouldn't have to convert your original MPEG files, just edit them and burn.

NOTEKY

!