Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade memory to a Sony Vaio desktop all in one

Last response: in Windows 8
November 13, 2012 10:57:02 AM

Hello,
I have a Sony Vaio desktop touch screen Vpcl2190x. I want to double the 8 gigs of memory but seems like I remember when I bought it there was a max of 12 which does not make sense. Crucial shows that 16 is compatible. Should I believe them? They have always been reliable for many years.
November 13, 2012 12:24:16 PM

cwatson50 said:
Hello,
I have a Sony Vaio desktop touch screen Vpcl2190x. I want to double the 8 gigs of memory but seems like I remember when I bought it there was a max of 12 which does not make sense. Crucial shows that 16 is compatible. Should I believe them? They have always been reliable for many years.

I have found out that I cannot upgrade my memory at all. The Sony Vaio desktop only had two slots. I have 4 gigs in each and I guess I am done. Wish I had known that when I bought it. I would have thought again about buying a Sony.
m
l
November 20, 2012 11:59:20 AM

Thank you so much for your reply. I guess I wasn't clear in that my Vaio is an all-in- one desktop. I have two slots for memory and in fact Crucial sells two 8's but with a phone call to Sony I found out that they could be installed but only 8 gigs would be used. It is maxed at 8. How disappointing since it is only a year and a half old. I wouldn't have bought a computer that was so limited. Thanks again, Cynthia
m
l
!