I have a problem in which my video worked fine under WMP9. When I
upgraded to WMP10 it stopped working - only audio now.

MS Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility states my "ArcSoft DVD Video"
decoder "VideoDecoder.ax" version "1.8.1.4" is "not compatible with the
synchronization feature of WMP10".

I cannot downgrade back to WMP9, so am I basically stuck buying new encoder
software?

BO

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

depending on which version of windows you are running you should uninstall
mp10 and reinstall mp9

"Pissed" wrote:

> I have a problem in which my video worked fine under WMP9. When I
> upgraded to WMP10 it stopped working - only audio now.
>
> MS Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility states my "ArcSoft DVD Video"
> decoder "VideoDecoder.ax" version "1.8.1.4" is "not compatible with the
> synchronization feature of WMP10".
>
> I cannot downgrade back to WMP9, so am I basically stuck buying new encoder
> software?

BO

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

sure you can downgrade if you uninstall it and go to microsofts download
sight and download mp9 and install it.

"Pissed" wrote:

> I have a problem in which my video worked fine under WMP9. When I
> upgraded to WMP10 it stopped working - only audio now.
>
> MS Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility states my "ArcSoft DVD Video"
> decoder "VideoDecoder.ax" version "1.8.1.4" is "not compatible with the
> synchronization feature of WMP10".
>
> I cannot downgrade back to WMP9, so am I basically stuck buying new encoder
> software?

You were correct, I was able to roll-back to WMP9. Unfortunately my MPEGs
still do not work.

I just upgraded my video drivers again and am now going to update my sound
card drivers. I know it sounds strange, but Sound Cards are the root of all
evil.