How to grab objs?

jay

I must say, I'm somewhat ashamed of asking such a basic question especially
when I am far from being a newbie at playing HL/HL2. I guess I just became
so used to using the GravGun that I can no longer recall how to grab an obj
without the GG : (
The reason why I need to remember is because I want to give a try to that
trendy technique by which one drops a hand-grenade and quickly grabs it
while it's falling then a couple of secs later you throw it away to a
specific target. It seems very handy, but I see it takes some practice.

Thanks in advance guys,

JDL

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:20:40 -0400, "Jay"
<nospam_javierdl@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>I must say, I'm somewhat ashamed of asking such a basic question especially
>when I am far from being a newbie at playing HL/HL2. I guess I just became
>so used to using the GravGun that I can no longer recall how to grab an obj
>without the GG : (
>The reason why I need to remember is because I want to give a try to that
>trendy technique by which one drops a hand-grenade and quickly grabs it
>while it's falling then a couple of secs later you throw it away to a
>specific target. It seems very handy, but I see it takes some practice.
>
>Thanks in advance guys,
>
>JDL

You need to use the grav gun for that, so make sure its bound to a key
that's easy to get to. Took a while but I got it off to a fine art in
the end.
I was looking for some hints on grav gun jumping/flying and came
across this - it may be of some use to you.
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/633/633016p1.html

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org

"Jay" <nospam_javierdl@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I must say, I'm somewhat ashamed of asking such a basic question
> especially when I am far from being a newbie at playing HL/HL2. I
> guess I just became so used to using the GravGun that I can no longer
> recall how to grab an obj without the GG : (
> The reason why I need to remember is because I want to give a try to
> that trendy technique by which one drops a hand-grenade and quickly
> grabs it while it's falling then a couple of secs later you throw it
> away to a specific target. It seems very handy, but I see it takes
> some practice.
> Thanks in advance guys,
>
> JDL

"E" :)

"Jay" wrote

>I must say, I'm somewhat ashamed of asking such a basic question especially
>when I am far from being a newbie at playing HL/HL2. I guess I just became
>so used to using the GravGun that I can no longer recall how to grab an obj
>without the GG : (
> The reason why I need to remember is because I want to give a try to that
> trendy technique by which one drops a hand-grenade and quickly grabs it
> while it's falling then a couple of secs later you throw it away to a
> specific target. It seems very handy, but I see it takes some practice.

You use the gravgun to throw the grenade
At least my kids does - I can't get the hang of it

HTH/Peter

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Jay" wrote
>
>> I must say, I'm somewhat ashamed of asking such a basic question
>> especially when I am far from being a newbie at playing HL/HL2. I
>> guess I just became so used to using the GravGun that I can no
>> longer recall how to grab an obj without the GG : (
>> The reason why I need to remember is because I want to give a try to
>> that trendy technique by which one drops a hand-grenade and quickly
>> grabs it while it's falling then a couple of secs later you throw it
>> away to a specific target. It seems very handy, but I see it takes
>> some practice.
> You use the gravgun to throw the grenade
> At least my kids does - I can't get the hang of it
>
> HTH/Peter

Me neither. Everything goes red and my ears ring :\
McG.

jay

Thanks guys : )
Hey Steve, that link was pretty good, thanks

I was playing last night and I definetly saw some players doing the tossing
and catching the hand-grenades with their hands, not the GG. I should have
asked them how they do it. Next time I will.

Jay
P.S.
Sorry I didn't realize I was not replying to the group, but to the people
instead.

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Jay" wrote
>
>>I must say, I'm somewhat ashamed of asking such a basic question
>>especially when I am far from being a newbie at playing HL/HL2. I guess I
>>just became so used to using the GravGun that I can no longer recall how
>>to grab an obj without the GG : (
>> The reason why I need to remember is because I want to give a try to that
>> trendy technique by which one drops a hand-grenade and quickly grabs it
>> while it's falling then a couple of secs later you throw it away to a
>> specific target. It seems very handy, but I see it takes some practice.
>>
> You use the gravgun to throw the grenade
> At least my kids does - I can't get the hang of it
>
> HTH/Peter

jay

That's right! I knew it was a very obvious one, damn!
Thank you McGrandpa : )

Jay