No limited account connectivity - Netgear WG311T/WG624T

Just purchased Netgear WG311T PCI adapter to put in machine running XP Pro
with 1 system administrator account and 5 limited accounts (kids). Have
installed SP2 and new Netgear driver that supposedly addresses non
administrator accounts. Only the sys ad account will connect to internet.
If I change account type of kids account to sys ad status, only then will I
get connectivity. Not sure if it's a Netgear driver (3.0.1.6)/software
(3.0.0) problem, a XP Pro setting problem or a SP2 problem. Netgear stating
their product, softare and driver are working. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Router is Netgear Super G WGT624; laptop with XP Home using WG511T wireless
card, and desktop with XP Home direct wired from router are all working fine.

Thanks, JR

Please *make sure* (maybe, ask Netgear support), what drives your Netgear adapter:
XP itself (via it's wireless configuration service) or some utility from Netgear.
In latter case, try to "disable" it and use the Windows service.
It, by design, properly handles multiple accounts with different permissions.

--PA

"pumaJLR" <pumaJLR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C259AF3E-7A40-4F72-BCBB-9E0EED3251AB@microsoft.com...
> Just purchased Netgear WG311T PCI adapter to put in machine running XP Pro
> with 1 system administrator account and 5 limited accounts (kids). Have
> installed SP2 and new Netgear driver that supposedly addresses non
> administrator accounts. Only the sys ad account will connect to internet.
> If I change account type of kids account to sys ad status, only then will I
> get connectivity. Not sure if it's a Netgear driver (3.0.1.6)/software
> (3.0.0) problem, a XP Pro setting problem or a SP2 problem. Netgear stating
> their product, softare and driver are working. Any help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Router is Netgear Super G WGT624; laptop with XP Home using WG511T wireless
> card, and desktop with XP Home direct wired from router are all working fine.
>
> Thanks, JR

Finally, I got the card to work with limited accounts after Netgear Support
admitted that their driver that was supposed to have fixed the problem just
didn't work. So, I did as they and you suggested in disabling the Netgear
utility software and using the Windows XP setup and all works fine. Netgear
says that their next updated driver will fix the problem. I'll believe it
when I see it. Thanks for your response Pavel, I wish I would have had it a
week ago, thereby saving me many, many hours of effort and frustration. Too
bad I can't send Netgear a bill for my wasted time.