Blue

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003

I've encountered some avi videos using this codec and it seems to be
hell to get them to play with media player or anything else on my Win
XP system. If anyone has any suggestions, please speak up. I've
already thought of trashing the video...

-B

See if the information at this site helps you

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ogg.htm

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Blue" <honkydorry@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I've encountered some avi videos using this codec and it seems to be
> hell to get them to play with media player or anything else on my Win
> XP system. If anyone has any suggestions, please speak up. I've
> already thought of trashing the video...
>
> -B

No... I already tried that with no success.

I ended up uninstalling some codecs, then reinstalling some from
klmcodec pack... although the thought of "codec packs" makes me
cringe. This one at least lets you choose what you want to install.

And it worked.

Of course it might have broken something else, which I won't discover
until it's too late...