Movie Maker and DVD recordings

I have a sony dvd home recording and i was attempting to edit the dvd movie
in Windows Movie Maker. I am hoping to show pre-service teachers ways to
incorporate Windows Movie Maker into their classrooms. I have had success
with video through dazzle, and digital video but now i can not import dvd.
Will windows movie maker import dvd home recordings for creating a custom
movie?
thanks a frustrated educator.
--
daphne
2 answers Last reply

    I am sorry to inform you that Movie Maker is not designed to work with MPEG2
    or DVD movies... It wont allow editing of dvd content without conversion.
    Such conversion can be performed via VirtualDubMod, a freely available tool.
    (use google).

    --
    Rehan
    MS MVP -- Digital Media

    "Daphne" <Daphne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a sony dvd home recording and i was attempting to edit the dvd movie
    > in Windows Movie Maker. I am hoping to show pre-service teachers ways to
    > incorporate Windows Movie Maker into their classrooms. I have had success
    > with video through dazzle, and digital video but now i can not import dvd.
    > Will windows movie maker import dvd home recordings for creating a custom
    > movie?
    > thanks a frustrated educator.
    > --
    > daphne

    Daphne,
    Look here at PapaJohn's website for everything to do with MM.
    'Movie Maker 2' (http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2.html)
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

Video DVD Windows Movie Maker Windows XP