Movie Maker 2 frezzes...

Hi, i am using Windows XP, and have W.M.Maker 2.I can edit footage that was
on my computer when i first got it, and veidos i downloaded with no problems.
But, I have a Sony Handycam 403EDVD camcorder and i cant directly upload the
footage from the camra to M.M. This isnt the problem, using the supplied
software 'Picture Pactage' I can copy my footage onto my hard drive and veiw
it.

Then I can 'Import' this footage onto movie.maker, but after i drag it to
the storyboard or time line it frezzes up completly and M.M 'stops
responding'.

Any advise would be appicated, thanks!

MM does not work well with mpegs, you need to convert teh mpeg to an avi or
wmv to edit in MM. See papajohns site for more help on importing mpeg files.
--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media