How do I improve old video movies?

I have an old tape camcorder with video output and I want to put all my old
tapes on to DVDs.

I will buy a video-capture card with sound to do this.

I want to know how to "photoshop" the movies, that is how can I enhance the
movie frame-by-frame using software.
Microsoft has a thing called 'MovieMaker' and I want to download my movies
via the videocard on to this.

Can someone help me with the most efficient way to do this and to enhance
the movie images?

Please help, Frank
4 answers Last reply
More about improve video movies

    MovieMaker won't capture directly from the analog camcorder. You'll have to
    use analog capture software and an analog capture card... see
    www.videohelp.com.

    Once it's captured, Windows MovieMaker will happily edit the footage.

    If you're familiar with PhotoShop, you might want to try Adobe's Premiere
    (www.adobe.com) But it's a long very tiring job to enhance each frame...
    there will be 30 of them per second if you're in NTSC land and 25 per second
    if you're in PAL land.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Frank Martin" <paul@colonel.com.au> wrote in message
    >I have an old tape camcorder with video output and I want to put all my old
    >tapes on to DVDs.
    >
    > I will buy a video-capture card with sound to do this.
    >
    > I want to know how to "photoshop" the movies, that is how can I enhance
    > the movie frame-by-frame using software.
    > Microsoft has a thing called 'MovieMaker' and I want to download my movies
    > via the videocard on to this.
    >
    > Can someone help me with the most efficient way to do this and to enhance
    > the movie images?
    >
    > Please help, Frank

    Sony makes a little box, you just plug you vcr in, push play and push record
    and it puts on DVD for you. Save hundreds of hours. Records in real time.
    It's only $235.00

    "Frank Martin" <paul@colonel.com.au> wrote in message
    > I have an old tape camcorder with video output and I want to put all my
    old
    > tapes on to DVDs.
    >
    > I will buy a video-capture card with sound to do this.
    >
    > I want to know how to "photoshop" the movies, that is how can I enhance
    the
    > movie frame-by-frame using software.
    > Microsoft has a thing called 'MovieMaker' and I want to download my movies
    > via the videocard on to this.
    >
    > Can someone help me with the most efficient way to do this and to enhance
    > the movie images?
    >
    > Please help, Frank

    there is very little you can do to "enhance" the video. At best you can hope
    fore 5% improvement. First you need a good video capture card. It is best if
    the card can capture it in raw MPEG video if you will be doing a lot of
    editing, witch you will need to do to improve to video. Then you will need a
    good video editing program Microsoft's Movie Maker is not one of them. Movie
    Maker can only do the most basic things and save in Microsoft's formats. A
    good video editing software is Video Mach from Gromada.com and it is free
    fore non commercial use! The two easiest ways to improve the video are,
    bicubic resizeing and psychovisual enhancement. not all codecs can use
    bicubic and psychovisual enhancement so you will need to find a codec that
    can.

    "Frank Martin" wrote:

    > I have an old tape camcorder with video output and I want to put all my old
    > tapes on to DVDs.
    >
    > I will buy a video-capture card with sound to do this.
    >
    > I want to know how to "photoshop" the movies, that is how can I enhance the
    > movie frame-by-frame using software.
    > Microsoft has a thing called 'MovieMaker' and I want to download my movies
    > via the videocard on to this.
    >
    > Can someone help me with the most efficient way to do this and to enhance
    > the movie images?
    >
    > Please help, Frank

    >I have an old tape camcorder with video output and I want to put all my old
    >tapes on to DVDs.
    >
    >I will buy a video-capture card with sound to do this.
    >
    >I want to know how to "photoshop" the movies, that is how can I enhance the
    >movie frame-by-frame using software.
    >Microsoft has a thing called 'MovieMaker' and I want to download my movies
    >via the videocard on to this.
    >
    >Can someone help me with the most efficient way to do this and to enhance
    >the movie images?

    Go to the Canopus website and look for their latest external firewire
    capture device (the ADVC-300 ??). It is said to actually make VHS
    captures look better than the original. It is somewhat expensive (~
    $500.), but I've read nothing but excellent reviews about it in the
    rec.video.desktop group.

Video Movies Microsoft Windows XP