WinDVD Creator CANT BURN MY HOME MOVIES TO DVD

The problem I am having is that the Editing Software (ImageMixer) that came
with my new Sony DVD camera will only allow be to burn my edited movie back
onto the Camcorder.

So I am following the instructions on how to use the WinDVD Creator
programme that came with my computer.
I open 'Capturing digital camcorder video' and then connect me camcorder to
the PC through the USB port - and nothing appears in the Capture Device
Panel??????
I have checked that the USB is installed properly. What does this mean - do
I need to purchase an upgraded Editing programme???
All I want to be able to do is Edit my home movies and burn them back on to
DVD - using my computers DVD burner

PLEASE HELP
2 answers Last reply
More about windvd creator burn home movies

    Digital camcorders connect through a firewire (IEEE 1394) port which is what
    WinDVD Creator is looking for. Nothing connected to a firewire port will
    give you the message you are receiving.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Serina Whittingham" <whittingham@kol.co.nz> wrote in message
    > The problem I am having is that the Editing Software (ImageMixer) that
    > came
    > with my new Sony DVD camera will only allow be to burn my edited movie
    > back
    > onto the Camcorder.
    >
    > So I am following the instructions on how to use the WinDVD Creator
    > programme that came with my computer.
    > I open 'Capturing digital camcorder video' and then connect me camcorder
    > the PC through the USB port - and nothing appears in the Capture Device
    > Panel??????
    > I have checked that the USB is installed properly. What does this mean -
    > do
    > I need to purchase an upgraded Editing programme???
    > All I want to be able to do is Edit my home movies and burn them back on
    > DVD - using my computers DVD burner
    >
    > PLEASE HELP

    Firewire??? I'm sorry to sound so vague but what is that? As you can tell
    I'm new at this whole movie/camcorder thing - sounds like i'm in way over my
    head.
    > Digital camcorders connect through a firewire (IEEE 1394) port which is
    > what WinDVD Creator is looking for. Nothing connected to a firewire port
    > will give you the message you are receiving.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Serina Whittingham" <whittingham@kol.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> The problem I am having is that the Editing Software (ImageMixer) that
    >> came
    >> with my new Sony DVD camera will only allow be to burn my edited movie
    >> back
    >> onto the Camcorder.
    >>
    >> So I am following the instructions on how to use the WinDVD Creator
    >> programme that came with my computer.
    >> I open 'Capturing digital camcorder video' and then connect me camcorder
    >> the PC through the USB port - and nothing appears in the Capture Device
    >> Panel??????
    >> I have checked that the USB is installed properly. What does this mean -
    >> do
    >> I need to purchase an upgraded Editing programme???
    >> All I want to be able to do is Edit my home movies and burn them back on
    >> DVD - using my computers DVD burner
    >>
    >> PLEASE HELP

Video DVD Burner Camcorders Movies Windows XP