Can you specificy the size of clips windows movie maker ma..

Hello, I am looking for the easiest way i can capture video's off my DV
Camcorder into windows movie marker and if i can, have it automatically split
the clips up into 4.2 gig sized movies..(the reason being i have a movie
thats 8 or 10 gigs long, and i want to cut it into slices that will fit just
right onto a dvdr)

there is a check box when your recording the movie that says "make clips
when finished" or something like that and it just seems to split my movie in
half i think? i'm not really sure...

Also does WMM copy the information DIRECTLY from the tape digitally to the
computer so what i have is an EXACT copy of what was on the camcorder? (i.e.
the FPS and screen size and image quality are the EXACT SAME? no gen loss?)..
1 answer Last reply
More about specificy size clips windows movie maker

    Do you want to archive it to DVDr? If so, then if a dv-avi file is say 13gb
    per hour, you'd either need to capture around 18 minutes at a time to fit it
    on a dvd. It would be easiest to capture all the tape, do not make clips,
    and then split the movie into 18 minute segments adn save tehm as dv-avi's.
    Then burn these to discs.
    If you want to watch these on a tv, it's an entirely different matter and
    will need another answer.

    As for the last bit, if you connect by firewire, and have the same settings
    as you cam, eg PAL or NTSC, then when you capture it will be identical.

    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Electricview" <Electricview@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I am looking for the easiest way i can capture video's off my DV
    > Camcorder into windows movie marker and if i can, have it automatically
    > split
    > the clips up into 4.2 gig sized movies..(the reason being i have a movie
    > thats 8 or 10 gigs long, and i want to cut it into slices that will fit
    > just
    > right onto a dvdr)
    >
    > there is a check box when your recording the movie that says "make clips
    > when finished" or something like that and it just seems to split my movie
    > in
    > half i think? i'm not really sure...
    >
    > Also does WMM copy the information DIRECTLY from the tape digitally to the
    > computer so what i have is an EXACT copy of what was on the camcorder?
    > (i.e.
    > the FPS and screen size and image quality are the EXACT SAME? no gen
    > loss?)..

Video Movies Windows Movie Maker Windows XP