Can you specificy the size of clips windows movie maker ma..

July 7, 2005 8:55:03 PM

Hello, I am looking for the easiest way i can capture video's off my DV
Camcorder into windows movie marker and if i can, have it automatically split
the clips up into 4.2 gig sized movies..(the reason being i have a movie
thats 8 or 10 gigs long, and i want to cut it into slices that will fit just
right onto a dvdr)

there is a check box when your recording the movie that says "make clips
when finished" or something like that and it just seems to split my movie in
half i think? i'm not really sure...

Also does WMM copy the information DIRECTLY from the tape digitally to the
computer so what i have is an EXACT copy of what was on the camcorder? (i.e.
the FPS and screen size and image quality are the EXACT SAME? no gen loss?)..
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:45:45 AM

Do you want to archive it to DVDr? If so, then if a dv-avi file is say 13gb
per hour, you'd either need to capture around 18 minutes at a time to fit it
on a dvd. It would be easiest to capture all the tape, do not make clips,
and then split the movie into 18 minute segments adn save tehm as dv-avi's.
Then burn these to discs.
If you want to watch these on a tv, it's an entirely different matter and
will need another answer.

As for the last bit, if you connect by firewire, and have the same settings
as you cam, eg PAL or NTSC, then when you capture it will be identical.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media