Users of Sony Vegas Forum

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 26, 2004 6:32:34 PM

About 2 years ago one of the reasons I chose Sony Vegas was its
excellent forum. Forum members love Vegas (and so do I) and they are
very willing to share.

Of late, it seems as though the quality of this forum has lessened.
Certainly there are many highly skilled, helpful, and professional
people that are regulars. But in my opinion, there are other
blabbermouths, blowhards, and egomaniacs that are beginning to
dominate the forum. If you post a question, you're extremely likely to
get the answer from many sources, but expect a few insults along the
way. I suppose this is the normal life cycle of a forum where some of
its regulars become self proclaimed "experts".

Maybe it's just me but I feel for some of the users who post innnocent
questions. For me, I haven't had a problem. But I'm also very careful
and how I post questions and the research I do before asking a
question. Certainly don't want to ask a "dumb" question and have 150
posts yelling at me for not researching the question before posting.

Also, the forum is getting very busy with Off Topics. Again, I suppose
these people just want to show everyone how smart they are by
pontificating endlessly about nothing pertinent to Vegas or video
editing.

The forum is extremely helpful, but I'm sure it's turning off
potential new users of Sony Vegas who are just learning with the free
trial. For me, I'm going to look at alternate Vegas forums who stay
more to the topic and are friendly. What are your recent experiences
with the Sony Vegas forum?

More about : users sony vegas forum

Anonymous
June 26, 2004 9:57:31 PM

Paul wrote:
> About 2 years ago one of the reasons I chose Sony Vegas was its
> excellent forum. Forum members love Vegas (and so do I) and they are
> very willing to share.
>
> Of late, it seems as though the quality of this forum has lessened.
> Certainly there are many highly skilled, helpful, and professional
> people that are regulars. But in my opinion, there are other
> blabbermouths, blowhards, and egomaniacs that are beginning to
> dominate the forum. If you post a question, you're extremely likely to
> get the answer from many sources, but expect a few insults along the
> way. I suppose this is the normal life cycle of a forum where some of
> its regulars become self proclaimed "experts".
>
> Maybe it's just me but I feel for some of the users who post innnocent
> questions. For me, I haven't had a problem. But I'm also very careful
> and how I post questions and the research I do before asking a
> question. Certainly don't want to ask a "dumb" question and have 150
> posts yelling at me for not researching the question before posting.
>
> Also, the forum is getting very busy with Off Topics. Again, I suppose
> these people just want to show everyone how smart they are by
> pontificating endlessly about nothing pertinent to Vegas or video
> editing.
>
> The forum is extremely helpful, but I'm sure it's turning off
> potential new users of Sony Vegas who are just learning with the free
> trial. For me, I'm going to look at alternate Vegas forums who stay
> more to the topic and are friendly. What are your recent experiences
> with the Sony Vegas forum?

No different than this newsgroup - or any other, for that matter.
I agree that the Sony forum has gone too OT with the Michael Moore
discussion but I just simply ignore it. As far as posters who tend to be
"full of themselves", you can always choose the "Ignore this user" option.
I usually just skip past them as well.
My other two Vegas favourites are the Cow site at
http://www.creativecow.net/index.php?forumid=24 and the DMN forum at
http://tinyurl.com/cg3t

Mike
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 1:57:10 AM

On 26 Jun 2004 14:32:34 -0700, turningleaves02@yahoo.com (Paul) wrote:

>About 2 years ago one of the reasons I chose Sony Vegas was its
>excellent forum. Forum members love Vegas (and so do I) and they are
>very willing to share.

The Vegas users forum on DMN is great
http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/disp.fcgi?dire=4&prog=...

so is the one on the Cow
http://www.creativecow.net/index.php?forumid=24

Gary
The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We are the Desk Top Video Editing and DVD Production Experts!
Sign up for the Videoguys' Insider newsletter http://www.videoguys.com/insider.html
June 27, 2004 4:17:57 PM

> Of late, it seems as though the quality of this forum has lessened.
> Certainly there are many highly skilled, helpful, and professional
> people that are regulars. But in my opinion, there are other
> blabbermouths, blowhards, and egomaniacs that are beginning to
> dominate the forum. If you post a question, you're extremely likely to
> get the answer from many sources, but expect a few insults along the
> way. I suppose this is the normal life cycle of a forum where some of
> its regulars become self proclaimed "experts".

Sounds like Usenet during the AOL infestation of '99. <g>
June 28, 2004 6:57:54 PM

Not to mention the many personal attacks between some Vegas Forum
members. These people need to read the terms of forum participation.
The thread on Michael Moore's movie is way out of control. Like other
recent threads on the forum, such as the Honda advertisement thread,
Sony will probably intervene soon and delete the entire thread. Again,
this forum has really gone down hill. It's a shame Sony has to waste
it's resources to police their forum.

!