newby ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 27, 2004 2:53:06 AM

Hi
im new to video, i have a sony hi8 dv and a jvc mini dv should one be better
than the other ,look the same to me ,and is avi the best for quality im
using Pinnacle 8 just ordered 9 for editing
thanks

Rob

More about : newby

June 27, 2004 11:16:54 AM

Its all pretty much the same cup of tea until you shell out for 3-chip
cameras

avi is a catch-all extention that many different formats use. If the
filesize is roughly 3.61 mb per second (the size of dv format) then its
probably dv and it would be the best you can get.

"Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> im new to video, i have a sony hi8 dv and a jvc mini dv should one be
better
> than the other ,look the same to me ,and is avi the best for quality im
> using Pinnacle 8 just ordered 9 for editing
> thanks
>
> Rob

Anonymous
June 27, 2004 12:56:43 PM

thanks for the info.

"Terry" <replytothegroupzzz@zzz.com> wrote in message
> Its all pretty much the same cup of tea until you shell out for 3-chip
> cameras
>
> avi is a catch-all extention that many different formats use. If the
> filesize is roughly 3.61 mb per second (the size of dv format) then its
> probably dv and it would be the best you can get.
>
> "Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > im new to video, i have a sony hi8 dv and a jvc mini dv should one be
> better
> > than the other ,look the same to me ,and is avi the best for quality im
> > using Pinnacle 8 just ordered 9 for editing
> > thanks
> >
> > Rob

Related resources
June 27, 2004 4:27:05 PM

"Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> im new to video, i have a sony hi8 dv and a jvc mini dv should one be
better
> than the other ,look the same to me ,and is avi the best for quality im
> using Pinnacle 8 just ordered 9 for editing
> thanks

Help clarify: "hi8 dv" doesn't exist. Do you mean "digital 8" by any chance?
Does the 8mm camera have firewire?
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 1:53:45 AM

opps yes digital 8 and yes it has fire wire .

"Tony" <tony23@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> "Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > im new to video, i have a sony hi8 dv and a jvc mini dv should one be
> better
> > than the other ,look the same to me ,and is avi the best for quality im
> > using Pinnacle 8 just ordered 9 for editing
> > thanks
>
> Help clarify: "hi8 dv" doesn't exist. Do you mean "digital 8" by any
chance?
> Does the 8mm camera have firewire?

June 28, 2004 1:53:46 AM

> opps yes digital 8 and yes it has fire wire .

Ah -

In that case, there will not be much difference, and any difference there is
can probably be attributed to the camera.

Someone else mentioned you'll notice a big difference going to a 3-chip
camera. That IS the biggest difference, and I'm not aware of any D8 3-chips
(there may be some, I just don't know about them)
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 3:45:07 PM

thanks, things are starting to make a bit more sense now with peoples help
on here.

!