VPN drops when I surf the net on PPC 2003

May 18, 2004 8:13:17 PM

I remember having to do a registry hack on the old PPC 2002. I upgraded my
Ipaq to PPC 2003 and it seems to be doing the same thing. The ipaq drops my
VPN connection when it needs to surf the regular Internet, which it doesn't
need to do because my VPN will also connect it to the Internet. I tried
checking the box 'this network connects to the internet', but it doesn't
stick. Is there a fix for this already?

thank you
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 11:37:09 AM

You can set ip's and fdqn's in the exceptions list but note that if you set
everything to exceptions you will always have to connect to the vpn to get
to the internet. Exceptions is located under
Start>Settings>Connections(tab)>Connections(icon)>Advanced(tab)>Select
Networks>Exceptions. Anything in the exceptions list will be allowed
through the vpn tunnel.

rights...

!