  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 26, 2004 8:16:44 PM

I some DV video that I shot with my camcorder in 16:9 mode with the
camcorder rotated 90 degrees. I imported that video over firewire so I
now have a DV AVI file of this video on my computer. I want to rotate
the whole file 90 degrees so that it's 9:16 (taller than it is wide).
I don't just want to rotate the video frames inside the standard 16:9
window... I want to rotate the whole thing. Is this possible? Anyone
know what program will do it? It seems like all the methods I've seen
so far want to resample the video and play it back rotated inside a
regular size window.

More about : rotate video file degrees

June 27, 2004 5:33:07 AM

"Sumner" <sumnerp@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I some DV video that I shot with my camcorder in 16:9 mode with the
> camcorder rotated 90 degrees. I imported that video over firewire so I
> now have a DV AVI file of this video on my computer. I want to rotate
> the whole file 90 degrees so that it's 9:16 (taller than it is wide).
> I don't just want to rotate the video frames inside the standard 16:9
> window... I want to rotate the whole thing. Is this possible? Anyone
> know what program will do it? It seems like all the methods I've seen
> so far want to resample the video and play it back rotated inside a
> regular size window.

Hi Sumner,

Yes, I use ACDSee version 6 to rotate videos.

Navigate to the video. Double click it. It opens in a new full screen
window. You'll see the controls on the lower right side. One of them
allows 90 degree rotations.

I've rotated a variety of videos. Normally I have to rotate QuickTime files
(movs), since that's what my digital camera takes. I haven't tried any
16:9, so I can't be positive about that.

Good luck,

Hal Lowe
http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formna...
http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures &
MP3 backgrounds)
http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019 (Best website host/great prices)
June 27, 2004 5:42:44 AM

"Hal" <see_post_for_address@post.com> wrote in message
> "Sumner" <sumnerp@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I some DV video that I shot with my camcorder in 16:9 mode with the
> > camcorder rotated 90 degrees. I imported that video over firewire so I
> > now have a DV AVI file of this video on my computer. I want to rotate
> > the whole file 90 degrees so that it's 9:16 (taller than it is wide).
> > I don't just want to rotate the video frames inside the standard 16:9
> > window... I want to rotate the whole thing. Is this possible? Anyone
> > know what program will do it? It seems like all the methods I've seen
> > so far want to resample the video and play it back rotated inside a
> > regular size window.
>
> Hi Sumner,
>
> Yes, I use ACDSee version 6 to rotate videos.
>
> Navigate to the video. Double click it. It opens in a new full screen
> window. You'll see the controls on the lower right side. One of them
> allows 90 degree rotations.
>
> I've rotated a variety of videos. Normally I have to rotate QuickTime
files
> (movs), since that's what my digital camera takes. I haven't tried any
> 16:9, so I can't be positive about that.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Hal Lowe
> http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formna...
> http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures &
> MP3 backgrounds)
> http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019 (Best website host/great prices)

Just tried it for you and it worked fine, in fact I used an AVI. Don't know
if there's any freeware available that will do the same.

Perhaps someone else will know that.

Hal Lowe.
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 1:12:27 AM

Sumner wrote:

> I some DV video that I shot with my camcorder in 16:9 mode with the
> camcorder rotated 90 degrees. I imported that video over firewire so I
> now have a DV AVI file of this video on my computer. I want to rotate
> the whole file 90 degrees so that it's 9:16 (taller than it is wide).
> I don't just want to rotate the video frames inside the standard 16:9
> window... I want to rotate the whole thing. Is this possible? Anyone
> know what program will do it? It seems like all the methods I've seen
> so far want to resample the video and play it back rotated inside a
> regular size window.

VirtualDub.... it's 100% free
--

if I haven't given a url with my answer, try typing the keywords into
google.com