Windows Movie Maker users help please???

July 11, 2005 4:49:02 AM

Dear users...

i need help urgently on "Windows Movie Maker".....i use my office pc to open
a clip which is in "dat" format. which the Movie Maker version is in 2.1...an
error message appeared that "it cannot support the "dat" file format....

But when i use my own pc at home..which is version 1.1 ....and it can be
supported and open to edit and watch.....why is this the problem? please let
me know how can i make my office pc to support "dat" file too?

thank you very much....
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 4:49:03 AM

The .dat format is commonly used for VCD and SVCD discs, and these generally
require a driver that is not supplied with Windows. You probably have
software on your home computer to play back DVD and VCD disks, but do not
have that kind of software on your work computer.

Bobby

"Kelly Lim" <KellyLim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Dear users...
>
> i need help urgently on "Windows Movie Maker".....i use my office pc to
> open
> a clip which is in "dat" format. which the Movie Maker version is in
> 2.1...an
> error message appeared that "it cannot support the "dat" file format....
>
> But when i use my own pc at home..which is version 1.1 ....and it can be
> supported and open to edit and watch.....why is this the problem? please
> let
> me know how can i make my office pc to support "dat" file too?
>
> thank you very much....
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 7:05:11 AM

!