william

every time i go to play anything on windows media,my whole computer freezes
and i have to restart by turning the computer off by the switch.any ideas why
this is happening?

More info would help, like what type of files? do you mean windows media
player? Do you have the correct codec to play these files? Try updaing
direct X and WMP.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"william" <william@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every time i go to play anything on windows media,my whole computer
> freezes
> and i have to restart by turning the computer off by the switch.any ideas
> why
> this is happening?

william

windows media player 10.portable media devices could not find any compatible
devices connected to your computer.please verify that your device is turned
on and properly attached.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> More info would help, like what type of files? do you mean windows media
> player? Do you have the correct codec to play these files? Try updaing
> direct X and WMP.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "william" <william@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > every time i go to play anything on windows media,my whole computer
> > freezes
> > and i have to restart by turning the computer off by the switch.any ideas
> > why
> > this is happening?

Which device dso you have connected and turned on?