IEEE 1394 port WHAT IS THIS????

As I am a new comer to the Movie Making world I am not sure what (IEEE 1394
port) is? Do I have to purchase it?? Will it help me connect my camcorder
to my computer so I can capture my movies?

To anyone that can help,

Signed......new comer

Serina,
The 1394 port, AKA: Firewire (ilink) is used to capture video. Either
you have it built into your computer or not, if not, you can buy
adapters for this use.
It would be helpful if you gave the make and model of your computer
whenever you post about hardware questions.
Or you could look at the specifications for your computer in the manual
that came with it to see if you have a Firewire port.
'IEEE 1394 or \"Firewire\" Port Picture'
(http://www.cyberwalker.net/connectors/ieee1394.shtml)
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

You can also check in device manager to see if it lists one. If you don't
know how to do this, check out this page,
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/ProblemPages/CannotCapture.htm

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media