High Def for Steam HL

Jim

Since the last post got WAY off topic

You need to add the following to your registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\bshift]
"directory"="D:\games\HL Blue Shift"
"Full Name"="Half-Life: Blue Shift"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\halflife]
"directory"="D:\games\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\jimman17@hotmail.com\half-life"
"Full Name"="Half-Life"

You can put it in a text file and then rename it with a reg extension.
That will automcatically impport it.

Then download the gfly_uhds.exe from file planet, and you are done. If
it fails, make sure the above keys were created properly.

Jim

Jim wrote:
> Since the last post got WAY off topic

:)

> You need to add the following to your registry:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\bshift]
> "directory"="D:\games\HL Blue Shift"
> "Full Name"="Half-Life: Blue Shift"
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\halflife]
> "directory"="D:\games\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\***********\half-life"
> "Full Name"="Half-Life"
>
> You can put it in a text file and then rename it with a reg extension.
> That will automcatically impport it.

The file should look this (create it in notepad)

--------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\bshift]
"directory"="D:\games\HL Blue Shift"
"Full Name"="Half-Life: Blue Shift"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\halflife]
"directory"="D:\games\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<steamid>\half-life"
"Full Name"="Half-Life"
--------------------------------

Omitting the REGEDIT4 in the top of the file causes the file to be
discarded when trying to import the settings

Please change to correct drive/path/locations and use your own steamid

rgds/Peter

lefty

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2003

I foumd a couple bookmarks from a while back. I have'nt actually tried
these myself though;

http://www.jan-ripper.de/articles/steam_hd/index.html

http://xenomorph.net/misc/half_life_hd_pack.php

HTH, Lefty

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Jim wrote:
> > Since the last post got WAY off topic
> >
> :)
>
> > You need to add the following to your registry:
> >
> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\bshift]
> > "directory"="D:\games\HL Blue Shift"
> > "Full Name"="Half-Life: Blue Shift"
> >
> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\halflife]
> > "directory"="D:\games\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\***********\half-life"
> > "Full Name"="Half-Life"
> >
> > You can put it in a text file and then rename it with a reg extension.
> > That will automcatically impport it.
>
> The file should look this (create it in notepad)
>
> --------------------------------
> REGEDIT4
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP]
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\bshift]
> "directory"="D:\games\HL Blue Shift"
> "Full Name"="Half-Life: Blue Shift"
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SIERRA ONLINE\SETUP\halflife]
> "directory"="D:\games\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<steamid>\half-life"
> "Full Name"="Half-Life"
>
> Omitting the REGEDIT4 in the top of the file causes the file to be
> discarded when trying to import the settings
>
> Please change to correct drive/path/locations and use your own steamid
>
> rgds/Peter

TRENDING THREADS