Taping digital video edited on my PC onto a VHS video tape

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have connected my pc via an s-video out, "y" adapter audio cable and a
scart adapter. From the back of my PC the cables go into AV2 on my video,
but I can not see my PC through the TV. Do I need to change any settings on
my PC or TV? I am using XP Home and I have had a look in the display
properties but can't see anything that would let me view my pc video on my
TV? Help much appreciated.

For laptops there is usually no overlay support on the external video
out. You can get around the problem by disabling hardware
acceleration in the display properties. Some DVD players however,
will fail to play if there is no overlay available.
Otherwise change the primary monitor to be the tv.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media