Windows Media Player 10

July 13, 2005 1:57:01 PM

I have an interesting problem. My WMP 10 player plays fine with launched as
an application. However, it doesn't seem to work if I'm trying to play video
from within a browser, e.g., CNN videos, CBSNEW videos, etc.

If I switch the player to RealPlayer, then the videos do play from within
the browser, i.e., CBSNEWS videos.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this problem?

More about : windows media player

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 3:25:42 AM

Possibly the videos are "real" movies and need the real player to play them?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"SCLNY" <SCLNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an interesting problem. My WMP 10 player plays fine with launched
>as
> an application. However, it doesn't seem to work if I'm trying to play
> video
> from within a browser, e.g., CNN videos, CBSNEW videos, etc.
>
> If I switch the player to RealPlayer, then the videos do play from within
> the browser, i.e., CBSNEWS videos.
>
> Can someone help me troubleshoot this problem?
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 2:34:01 PM

I had a similar problem on WMP10 under XP2 in trying to display cnn clips.
Tried reverting to WMP9, changing WIN XP virtual memory management,
eliminating all protocols except HTML in WMP, and disabling Norton Internet
Security. Nothing worked until I added cnn.com to my Norton Pop-up
"Permitted" list. This solved the problem. Ironically, it makes no difference
if cnn.com is added to the Internet Explorer Pop-up "Permitted" list.

!