Movie Maker Saving Issues

Hey all,

I need to save my video as .AVI this way it is the best quality but,
everytime I try to, it gives me an error saying:

"Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location.
Verify that the original files used in your movie are still available, that
the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free disk
space available, and then try again."

This only happens when I try to save as AVI, if it's any other type (.wmv)
it works.
2 answers Last reply
More about movie maker saving issues

    See PapaJohn's website on Problem Solving, but it would seem you do not have
    enough space on your hard drive. If you are using two (or more) drives,
    ensure the option for the location of the temporary files location is set to
    the drive with the most free space. Remember that DV-AVI files are large...
    approximately 12gb per hour of footage.

    Also be sure to defrag the drive(s) before you start your editing session
    and do a Disk Cleanup.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "WhiteMagic2002" <WhiteMagic2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I need to save my video as .AVI this way it is the best quality but,
    > everytime I try to, it gives me an error saying:
    >
    > "Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location.
    > Verify that the original files used in your movie are still available,
    > that
    > the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free disk
    > space available, and then try again."
    >
    > This only happens when I try to save as AVI, if it's any other type
    > (.wmv)
    > it works.

    Hey,

    Thanks for the response. I definetly have enough free disk space though. I
    just built myself an Athlon X2 with a 250GB hard drive, besides, the movie is
    only about 1 minute long. Any other suggestions you could think of?

    Thanks again.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > See PapaJohn's website on Problem Solving, but it would seem you do not have
    > enough space on your hard drive. If you are using two (or more) drives,
    > ensure the option for the location of the temporary files location is set to
    > the drive with the most free space. Remember that DV-AVI files are large...
    > approximately 12gb per hour of footage.
    >
    > Also be sure to defrag the drive(s) before you start your editing session
    > and do a Disk Cleanup.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "WhiteMagic2002" <WhiteMagic2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hey all,
    > >
    > > I need to save my video as .AVI this way it is the best quality but,
    > > everytime I try to, it gives me an error saying:
    > >
    > > "Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location.
    > > Verify that the original files used in your movie are still available,
    > > that
    > > the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free disk
    > > space available, and then try again."
    > >
    > > This only happens when I try to save as AVI, if it's any other type
    > > (.wmv)
    > > it works.

Video Windows Movie Maker Movie Maker Windows XP