  • Video
  • Media Player
  • Windows XP
July 14, 2005 1:53:08 PM

When i got my pc it could play some videos, but i had a problem and i had to
format it, now the media player doesnt play the SAME videos. When i try to
play them it say something like asking for the codec but finaly it says:
couldnt find the codec, so it doesnt playes them. The interesting thing is
that i can play the videos using Media Player Classic. I dont know if this
has something to do with the DVD software cause i lost it too and now i cant
play DVDs on my pc as well. Hope someone can help me. Thanks

More about : error playing videos

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 3:22:23 AM

It no doubt will be to do with the dvd playing software. Windows does not
come with an mpeg decoder, so you need to buy one, which would normally come
with the pc, like windvd.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Gaby" <Gaby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i got my pc it could play some videos, but i had a problem and i had
> format it, now the media player doesnt play the SAME videos. When i try to
> play them it say something like asking for the codec but finaly it says:
> couldnt find the codec, so it doesnt playes them. The interesting thing is
> that i can play the videos using Media Player Classic. I dont know if this
> has something to do with the DVD software cause i lost it too and now i
> cant
> play DVDs on my pc as well. Hope someone can help me. Thanks

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 2:07:19 AM

I have also had this problem, yet only a few weeks ago, the dvd player
would happily play dvds. Where has the decoder vanished to???!!

--
ruth
Anonymous

Have you done anything to your computer since it last worked properly? Have
you tried system restore back to when it worked?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media